• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Cinematic] A chronicle of old (cinematic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit, this is cool >:3
you make it by yourself, Pharaoh?

-_- lol

Well, taking credit for this, when other people made the models, is not anything I support. But since I know what you mean, yes, by myself.

WoW, I'm greatly pleased by what I saw. Seems interesting:3

Thank you!

Next one will be about a siege.

Level 16
So this is your infamous cinematic! Let's have a critique now.

First I'll start with the cinematic itself, looks stunning from what I saw. The video is ok without excessive effects and pointless camera shaking, good job on that. How did you edit it? Is everything made only in warcraft or did you add some video editing magic?

The terrain, is great, really feels like it fits in the cinematic. Nice sky and environment attempts, I can see that you spend some time working on the terrains. I noticed there are a few terrain meshes there as well?

The lighting is good considering you made it with glows and fog.

Nice sound, Who Voice acted? :D

Something that got me confused is the story, had to watch the video a couple of times since it wasn't clear to me who was the enemy. You lack a description, could share more light on what's actually going on. It's not really hard to figure out in this type of short film but the description practice is welcome, some people read it. I might confuse people with my own cinematic now that I think about it. Episode one was simple but in ep 2 I think I'm not really making sense so I'll have to describe the story. Oh well it's episode 2 I can have some plot holes.

Over all it seems like a badass trailer for a Lords Movie and the abrupt camera transitions ~much~ it like a glove. The wow model animations are robotic but it adds well enough to the trailer sensation. Wish it was a bit longer and I'm looking forward to your next work.

Your work is appreciated.

Edit: Never mind what I said about the story, makes perfect sense, I was just tired when I watched it.

The only problem I see is format, you could of croped the movie and give it a appropriate HD format, the black frames don't do good.

Last edited:
@Heinvers, thanks a lot for your valuable comments :)
@tobyfat50, everything is exclusively made in WarCraft III, nothing else.
I was the voice actor, but if you ask me, it's not my best shot. :p

Initially I wanted to show more of the enemies, but the character models lacked a lot and decided against it. When you see those mermaids swimming in the mid-air, these creatures are recruited by the enemy. The enemy base is when the line "the enemy's power is growing unprecedentedly" comes in. The region is called "Lands of Kan'mer". I will introduce more story in the next cinematic.

As for the WoW models, god, I wish I had other models to work with. I try so hard to find models that do not resemble the typical WoW-ish look.

Hint: Next cinematic will be made entirely on Starcraft II!

Thank you so much for your input and thank you so much for your amazing models!

Level 16
The voice acting was somewhere between not bad, actually bearable and going somewhere close to decent.

I'll be waiting for the sc2 version.
*Major tip on sc2! If you are to make a cinematic disable the terrain completely! It's the only thing that makes the game lag. That is if you want to have the largest far view possible. For more info research about sc2 fps!

The voice acting was somewhere between not bad, actually bearable and going somewhere close to decent.

I'll be waiting for the sc2 version.
*Major tip on sc2! If you are to make a cinematic disable the terrain completely! It's the only thing that makes the game lag. That is if you want to have the largest far view possible. For more info research about sc2 fps!

Since I am not that familiar with the editor yet, how will I disable the terrain and at the same time... terrain? :p

WiP voice-over for cinematic #2: The Siege!

The upcoming one will focus a bit more on the lore and blend with the current events, slowly unveiling the plot.

160036-albums4747-picture83680.png

Last edited:
wow, such great voice, simply wow. It's pleasant the least to say. It brings a kind of immersion into the story. It makes you anxious to see the cinematic right now:)

Thanks a lot! :)

Here's a WIP from a sorcerer in the siege.

160036-albums4747-picture83757.png

I still need to modify some filters of his armor, because they are not correctly set up. tobyfat50 has been helping me so much, I owe him a lot for his precious help!

Just a heads-up, I am still working on it. The narration will be changed, as I made up a new (similar) script and even if I have created the first 11 seconds, I will still remake them completely.

I am currently waiting for a custom-animated model from a company on a mesh specifically created for the project!

Here's a sneak peek of the mesh:

160036-albums4747-picture85191.jpg

4 animations are ready, but as the cinematic progresses, I will likely need more. I am in the process of integrating facial expressions. I was going to do it with custom software, but I am not sure of its price, given that it will be out in August.
I have attached her walk animation, which looks a bit corky, due to the capturing output and the fact that I have lowered the Time Scale a bit.

Currently, I am receiving help from Delphinium1987 from SC2Mapster with custom particle effects.

Attachments

• WalkAnim.zip
    389.3 KB · Views: 141
I have attached her walk animation, which looks a bit corky, due to the capturing output and the fact that I have lowered the Time Scale a bit.
Indeed. That's because her legs are too draw towards each other and her hands look a bit forcibly moving. The arms could be a lil' bit leaned backwards to give her a more feminine movement. (I guess you already fixed that).

Indeed. That's because her legs are too draw towards each other and her hands look a bit forcibly moving. The arms could be a lil' bit leaned backwards to give her a more feminine movement. (I guess you already fixed that).

Thanks for the input. I am not very fond of the whole animation, but I really like the rest. I have contacted another 3D animator and I will possibly request a small modification. The anatomy of the mesh is somewhat masculine on the shoulders, but I kind of like it, since it gives a more confident and determined personality.

Level 30
What did I just watched? It's not a plain Warcraft III cinematic, it's a work of a great man/woman (I don't know which of those two), a masterpiece I must say!

To be honest, I liked what I have just watched. It seems to be a trailer of some sort to me and that voice acting is just too damn good and probably, the best I've heard.

The terrain looks good too but I think those grass on the start looks a bit spammed or is it just me? The camera movements are smooth as well and the transition to different scenes and such.

Great job as always, of course it's you who made it, you got the skills!

Status
Not open for further replies.