• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Cinematic] Alan Wake

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALAN WAKE

Anyone upto making a map similar to this? It was one of my favorite horror games, and its kinda unique from other stories, like killers just kill people and stuff. Please watch the video for more information about this awesome game, I will be glad for help.

So, first of all the main person I need of help is a GREAT Terrainer, who could reproduce the terrain of the game

Level 16
I loved that game and it's DLCs too. Now I'm reading the book :)

If someone can give me a proper set of models I can be a terrainer. I'd love to see this game in war3. The High res pack of b2m, the Refuge in Ruins map and the Penumbra Modelpack has a lot of awesome models but I have a feeling that these are not enough.

My little Reference.
Note that they're still in progress.

Level 16
I checked my fraps folder and I've found some gameplay screenshots from earlier. I'll have to download the game again though. I'll try to make this 3 from the High-res pack pines and rock and the Refuge in Ruins wooden parts. We'll see what will happen.

Btw, I'm not an expert at lighting so for this you'll have to find someone else, I'll do what I can though.

slkahs.png

16ay901.png

2hs51ud.png

You want to make only the original or the 2 DLCs too?

Level 16
Currently installing frameworks and stuff. If evrything will be okay i can start the map tomorrow. Im free for the weekend so ill have a lot of time to download the game and recreate the first maps.

edit:
Currently making a stress test. For some unknown reason my os(both xp and ubuntu, however it takes longer for ubuntu, even hours) freezes and the power from my mouse and keyboard goes out.

Problem solved, it was a RAM module. Seems like the JNGP runs properly, however when I've tried to modify the map size it dropped me from 480x480 to 256x256 so I have a feeling that I have to make separate map files in order to make the whole story.
edit2:woops forgot to reconfigure jngp
but still, 480x480 won't be enough for the whole story

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.