• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dark Master vs Archipelago - Poll

Poll

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
Which of our two gladiators constructed the better terrain?

Archipelago
55777d1243672401-archipelago-vs-darkmaster-wip-submission.jpg

Dark Master
55754d1243629237-dark-master-vs-archipelago-final-vs-arch.jpg

Level 28
Well, what more can it have? It has butterflies!

True, those look pretty cute :D
I was thinking about different types of trees (I don't know how they're called in English, but there are some trees that can always be found near a lake, or a river...), different types of rocks (not only the sunken ruins one), a shrubbery, a mild blue fog perhaps.

Well, those are just ideas :S

If I see that terrain in a map, I would give it a 5/5 for terrain, though... :p

Last edited:
Level 16
True, those look pretty cute :D
I was thinking about different types of trees (I don't know how they're called in English, but there are some trees that can always be found near a lake, or a river...), different types of rocks (not only the sunken ruins one), a shrubbery, a mild blue fog perhaps.

I think you mean Willow Trees then, the trees hanging over the water,,
And the one link is dead indeed, though the first one looks really nice! Just some fog might add a mysterious effect,, (i think)

Level 28
I think you mean Willow Trees then, the trees hanging over the water,,
And the one link is dead indeed, though the first one looks really nice! Just some fog might add a mysterious effect,, (i think)

Willow trees! exactly what I meant, thanks ;)
The terrain is really good, no need to discuss that, it's a terrain contest, so it's probably the point...

I'm still waiting for DarkMaster's pic :)

Level 28
Whew, this is hard...

I like Dark Master's effects, though the wisp (if it is a wisp :p) might be a little bit over the top, the water is also a little bit more... 'magical', but I like the fact that I can see the night sky in Archipelago's screeny, which makes it more authentic
The light in Archipelago's screeny is also a better choice in my opinion (the light that falls down through the trees, in Dark Master's screeny, there's no change in the lighting).

Allright, I'm gonna think a little bit more about this one...
great job to the both of you!

Level 10
Whew, this is hard...

I like Dark Master's effects, though the wisp (if it is a wisp :p) might be a little bit over the top, the water is also a little bit more... 'magical', but I like the fact that I can see the night sky in Archipelago's screeny, which makes it more authentic
The light in Archipelago's screeny is also a better choice in my opinion (the light that falls down through the trees, in Dark Master's screeny, there's no change in the lighting).

Allright, I'm gonna think a little bit more about this one...
great job to the both of you!

I'm just telling you, you should notice that on the water below the wisp thingy, theres shadow! :cute: Isnt it wierd? :smile:

Level 34
Sorry, the link isn't dead for me. Must be something to do with my cache. Thanks for fixing Arch.

Status
Not open for further replies.