• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Kitabatake/Aeroblyctos/D@B@R/PA3OPx2

Status
Not open for further replies.
[EDIT by Wolve] Challenge Approved!

The Hive Workshop
Challenge Request

Instructions
1. Copy this form in its entirety.
2. Create a new thead in THW's Admin Contact forum. Title: Challenge Request.
3.Complete the information in each <field> below the underlined categories.
4. Do not alter the document in any other way.
5. Improperly completed requests may be rejected.
Challenge Arena Rules:
  • No memory leaks are allowed in triggers or scripts.
  • Challenge results must be bug-free.
  • Copy and paste techniques are not permitted.
  • No exports from other games are acceptable.
Challenge Theme:
(Triggering, scripting, texturing, modeling, terrianing, concept art, story writing, other.)
Campaign Creation

Challenger:
Kitabatake

Opponent(s):
Aeroblyctos and D@B@R and PA3OPx2

Challenge Duration:

The contest will start immediately and the deadline will be 15.1.2008.

Proposed Reputation Award:

25 points

Challenge judging:

Poll

Map-specific conditions:
Theme: Any theme

File size: 60 Mb

Imports allowed: Yes

Optimization/protection: Allowed

Other:

Model-specific conditions:

File size: N/A

Polycount: N/A

Other: N/A

Texture-specific conditions:

File size: N/A

Other: N/A

Other challenge conditions:
Details: Every participant will make their own campaign for the contest

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 3
I am in, Just to say a few words about my work, It will be a 6 map big camp with all the elements of a LOAP game (life of a peasant) that means, no silly spells like : GREATER SUMMONING OF DEMONIC DARKNESS or BRAINSMASHING HIT, just things from normal life...
You can create your one character, skills are obtained by your affinityes in real life...
I'm here to proove that a loap can be interesting too, and to show some fany triggered abilityes... Not here to win, not interested in that, it's just the challange spirit that counts

GL HF !!!

(screenshots soon >.>)

Level 37
Okay, finaly.

Here's my story why I joined to this challenge.

I started to make maps 2 years ago. My first map was a campaign with Kitabatake. Campaign's name was "The Hmmm Campaign" and we made it over half year, however we never finished it. Kitabatake has always been like a master for me because he taught me to make maps and I always ask help from him. Nowadays I have currently 15 own maps.

This will be my final and the biggest project ever. After this I change to Star Craft II or I quit. I try to make best campaign as possible and try to show all of you, how good I am.

I will join to the challenge, let the best map maker win.

Level 32
The creation of a campaign will certainly take a great deal of time. Allowing almost two months (until 15 January) seems about right.

What is unclear about this challenge request is the apparent conflict between:
Challenger:
Kitabatake and Aeroblyctos

Opponent(s):
D@B@R and PA3OPx2
and
Other challenge conditions:
Details: Every participant will make their own campaign for the contest
Which way is it going to be? Is this supposed to be a team effort or single participants?

"HMMMMMM what should the campaign name be..."
"HMMmmm"
"Hmmmmmmm...."
"HMMM Campaign!"

Good times :D
btw. the original hmm campaign was over 6 or 7 years ago on Age of Empires II
And that's where I got my account name from... Then later we continued the campaign on WC3...

Anyway, I am myself currently somewhat busy so I'll start my campaign a bit later than you, but I'm sure I will be able to make it before the deadline expires

Level 37
My campaign will have 11 maps + 2 to 4 interlude + prologue and epilogue. I will import lots of stuff and good music. I try to combine my all maps to this campaign. It will be about 40 - 60 mt big. So it will be huge RPG.

The name of my campaign is "The Chosen Ones".

I will soon post some screen shots about the terrain when I have done something. I'm also thinking about the story and I will give some hints soon about it.

The creation of a campaign will certainly take a great deal of time. Allowing almost two months (until 15 January) seems about right.

What is unclear about this challenge request is the apparent conflict between:

and
Which way is it going to be? Is this supposed to be a team effort or single participants?

We have discussed about it and finally decided that it will be 1v1v1v1, single participants

Level 37
The Serbian Vs. Finland thing was just funny because here is 2 guys from Finland and Serbian but we can forget it. It's now 1v1v1v1 so everyone will make own campaign.

Ooh, I started to do my campaign, here some pictures from it:

Attachments

• WF2.JPG
    WF2.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 806
  • WF3.JPG
    WF3.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 4,655
  • WF4.JPG
    WF4.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 4,502
  • WF5.jpg
    WF5.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 4,477
  • WF.JPG
    WF.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 877
Level 32
This challenge is approved and has begun.

It shall conclude on 16 January, 2008 at 00:00 (GMT)

The victor (as determined by a public poll) shall be awarded 25 (on my authority) reputation points.

Challengers that withdraw, fail to complete their campaign, or violate any challenge or Hive Workshop site rules will be penalized.

[rainbow]Good luck to all participants![/rainbow]

Level 4
I accept!

Hello there!
I am here just to tell you that I am in the challenge! As a beginning I will a screen shot.
I will not be able to post regulary screenshots becouse I have dial-up, and I can't stay on the internet much long... I will get adsl soon (in a month, I hope) and I will be more active then.
I wish to all good luck, and I hope you will enjoy my work.
7_sc1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 3
I have some pics of the prelude of the whole camp...
The aliens are landing on the moon >.>
Only moon right now... Aliens will be add-ed l8er...

Attachments

• Moon Landing 1.jpg
    Moon Landing 1.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 368
  • Moon Landing 2.jpg
    Moon Landing 2.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 381
  • Moon Landing 3.jpg
    Moon Landing 3.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 403
Level 37
Nice pictures, D@B@R but I think some of the stones are flying :p
My plan is to make terrain first from first chapter to seventh chapter. After that I will do items and heroes. Then I'm going to do cinematics. Well, here's some pictures of my work today. These pictures are from prologue. Not the best, but I'm still improving the terrain.

Attachments

• Prologue 1.jpg
    Prologue 1.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 1,078
  • Prologue 2.JPG
    Prologue 2.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 393
  • Prologue 3.JPG
    Prologue 3.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 346
  • Prologue 4.JPG
    Prologue 4.JPG
    138.6 KB · Views: 1,104
Level 3
hehe, they are.... (pic 2 on the left corner)
I need to fix this... FFS I want to see you doing a moon landing of teh aliens with only war3 models!
hehe
Nice models... It's Just hard to find models that are appropriate models for my camp... hehe, show me a car of the year 2018 !

P.S.: I forgot... A question for the mods: Is the use of other Map Editors allowded? (eg unlimited or ++?)

Last edited:
Level 37
I was in farm for four days so I couldn't do the campaign and post here. Well now I am back.

By the way, I think it's very stupid that other members of hive cannot post in here. We can't have any feedback about our campaigns. This is like we four speaking only.

Moderators are trying to get more activity in the Challenge Section by restricting people so they can't post here. That's just stupid. I have tried to contact moderators but they are ignoring me. Here's a discuss about it. I'm trying to get this challenge "free" so people can post here. If someone want to help me with this, please post something to there.

So, back to the campaign. This evening I have been doing chapter 4. It's a dark and dangerous forest. Here's some screenshots:

Attachments

• FW2.JPG
    FW2.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 467
  • FW3.JPG
    FW3.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 464
  • FW4.JPG
    FW4.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 1,016
Level 37
Will somebody also post WIP aka demo map, so we can get the feel how it is played and to get some suggestions?

Well, I'm gonna first do beta version of my campaign. So people can test if there's bugs of they have suggestions. Before releasing the beta version, I will finish the whole campaign. It will take the maximum time, about 2 month.

The campaign is now about 11% done.

EDIT: I feel so lonely here. People cannot post here anything. =/

Last edited:
Level 3
Pffff... It's not our fault if the mods decided to do the things like this on the challenge section... :p
But they coud change some stuf >.>

Level 37
I have own thread about my campaign in here. I made it because moderators have not replied to my posts about people would post in here.

So, from now on, I will post screenshots there. I know it's stupid, but blame the moderators. I always wanted to have only on thread where we can post our screenshots about our campaigns and tell how we have succeed and so on...

But, I want to change one rule. Maximum size of the campaign is currently 60 mt. I want to change it from 60mt to 100 mt. I'm not sure how big my campaign will be. I just want to be sure I won't break any rules.

So, what do you think other competitors? Kitabatake? D@B@R? PA3OPx2? Can we change the maximum size from 60 to 100 mt? Please! I wanna but some good musics to the end. :p

Level 3
Ummm...
I was wfpc (away from com pc) the last week, I rly have a lot things to do, school stuff and so...
I will soon post a cinematic about the alien moon landing... It's a shot prelude about the whole thing... you will see...
Sry for not posting screen shots, but I am working more on skills and triggers :-/
Anyway... I will show when I have something bigger done...

Level 37
D@B@R said:
I will soon post a cinematic about the alien moon landing... It's a shot prelude about the whole thing... you will see...
Nice, I wait to see it!

D@B@R said:
Sry for not posting screen shots, but I am working more on skills and triggers :-/
Well, hope you can give some more screenshots in future.

What about you guys, Kitabatake and PA3OPx2? Any progress in campaign? Any screenshots?

We have now 1 month time, but I have 2 week. I'm not sure if I can finish my campaign in that time. However, I will say more details later. Maybe we should increase the deadline 2 week?

I will go to Vietnam from 15 to 29, December. So I will be there two weeks. I will travel there alot and also I go to idolize how Vietnam won USA.

I have been doing fast my campaign. I have made terrains from chapter 1 to chapter 10. I only need chapter 11's terrain. I have imported almost everything to campaign, except couple musics. I would say I have done over 50% of my campaign.

Here's the latest picture of my campaign, it's from chapter 8:

Attachments

• vv5.JPG
    vv5.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 3,723
Level 32
*revive*

This thread seems to have petered out due to disinterest.

The challenge deadline has passed, however, in order to give one of the participants a chance to earn the award, I officially extend the deadline until 15 February, 2008.

The early terrain WIPs looked interesting, but since the challenge is to create a campaign, let's see some WIPs of the of the storyline progression, map transitions, hero development, etc.

Of course, for a victor to be declared, at least one contestant must physically attach a .w3n file to this thread.

Last edited:
Level 37
Wolverabid said:
The challenge deadline has passed, however, in order to give one of the participants a chance to earn the award, I officially extend the deadline until 15 February, 2008.
Ooh yea, I totally forgot the challenge.

Wolverabid said:
The early terrain WIPs looked interesting, but since the challenge is to create a campaign, let's see some WIPs of the of the storyline progression, map transitions, hero development, etc.
Here are some information/pictures about my campaign.

- Information
- Pictures

Wolverabid said:
Of course, for a victor to be declared, at least one contestant must physically attach a .w3n file to this thread.
I will finish my campaign. But it will still take about 1 month. It took much longer than I tought it would. I don't know about other competitioners, but I guess they are not going to finish their campaigns. But that's just my guess.

BTW. I can't even attach the campaign here because it's now 80 mt big file size. :D

Level 32
If for any reason (size limit or whatever) you can't force-feed the campaign into this thread, we'll manage to work it out some other way, an upload to the resource section, a pastebin, separate FTP server: whatever it takes. Just so that those users who participate in the poll have access to the campaign proper.

Now THAT'S detail! Thanks for providing the links, Aero. I encourage everyone that's interested to examine your fine work.

For my own part, +REP!

[EDIT] Disfunctional challenge: Aero would have won by default anyway.

~ Thread moved to Challenge Archive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.