[Log in / Register]
| News | Chat | Pastebin | Donations | Tutorials | Rules | Forums |
| Maps | Skins | Icons | Models | Spells | Tools | Jass | Packs | Hosted Projects | Starcraft II Modding | Starcraft II Resources | Galaxy Wiki |
(Keeps Hive Alive)
Go Back   The Hive Workshop > Hosted Projects > Gaias Retaliation ORPG > Bug Report Forum

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2012, 08:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered User Ramanov
User

Ramanov is an unknown quantity at this point (0)
Squire's "Gaia's Retaliation Part 1" quest bug

Greetings,

First of all, I feel I should thank Mr.Z and his gang for creating such an awesome map, and salute all the testers and every single person participated in improving the map, with their ideas and/or contribution in any ways.

Second, I have not searched the whole Bug Report section to be honest, so I am not sure if this one has been mentioned or reported before. Hope you accept my sincere apology if this was already posted.

And third, it actually is not a bug but kind of an exploit. Happened to us tonight. Our Squire was fighting with the warlock-looking 2nd opponent during his class quest, and he managed to pull him nearer to the entrance gate. He failed to kill the NPC, but managed to take him down to around 50% HP. When he died, the NPC started to cast spells on us, the remaining members of the group (a hunter, a bishop and a sorcerer). And we were able to hit him with normal attacks (spells didn't work). We almost killed him, but he disappeared (actually moved to his starting location I guess) when our dead Squire got resurrected. After that, on the next try, our Squire did more dmg to the NPC, and we managed to kill him with our normal attacks before the dead Squire got resurrected. And ta da, quest completed.

I also want to add that, the Cleric/Bishop AoE healing skill Burst of Light, can heal the questing Squire if he comes near the gate during the combat, which makes the quest much more easier. Plus, a Cleric/Bishop can send the Squire into arena with Mend and Divine Protection, which also helps him quite a lot. As I said before, I have no clue if these were already known issues, but if not, I'm more than glad that I could be off service.

Thanks again, both for the great map and almost perfect community. You can't imagine how hard it is to wait for the release date of 1.2

Regards.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:09 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered User Vestra
Starscream, I...

Vestra has little to show at this moment (28)Vestra has little to show at this moment (28)Vestra has little to show at this moment (28)
First off cheers for being so well spoken it's a refreshing change around here.

The exploit has been known for a while, although that's technically a variant of it, since you can't attack the unit while the squire is alive.

A solution to zwieb, could the arena be moved, similar to how the other class quests are in their own little spots on the map, it might help this exploit die away. Or one of those fancy thick black borders built out of a castle wall.

Secondly, have the squire enter debuffed completely, I thought that had already been implemented tbh. In fact, all classes should enter the quests debuffed if possible.

Ultimately the quest is meant to be a challenge, and the whole mend/shield thing can be done for any of them, it renders the ranger quest the easiest of the lot. How challenging you want it to be is up to you, just try them without help they're good fun.

If you're looking for any other people to play with, there are some great players on Garena that could use someone well communicated and observant, pop your Garena name or Battlenet username in one of the threads and hopefully we'll see you around some time!
Old 04-06-2012, 10:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered User Zwiebelchen
Dance, my puppets, dance!

Zwiebelchen is a name known to all (604)
I've tried various things to keep people doing the squire quest from exploiting. I have made some adjustments to 'help' them being 'clean', but people will always find some workarounds.
Seriously I don't care anymore about it anyway. I can't stop people from ruining the fun for themselves. Also, I don't want this quest to be frustrating for those that lack the skills to do it the way it was intended. At least you can't exploit without the help of someone else.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:09 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered User Vestra
Starscream, I...

Vestra has little to show at this moment (28)Vestra has little to show at this moment (28)Vestra has little to show at this moment (28)
Fair reason, I suppose the cap at 25 should help that anyway. On a side note zwieb, if the pre class change level cap will be 25, would it be possible to bump the requirements on some d3 related gear to 26+, seems only fair d3 gear is built for higher levels than the current requirements of 23 etc.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered User S0ulseeker
Gaias Enthusiast

S0ulseeker has little to show at this moment (15)S0ulseeker has little to show at this moment (15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vestra View Post
Fair reason, I suppose the cap at 25 should help that anyway. On a side note zwieb, if the pre class change level cap will be 25, would it be possible to bump the requirements on some d3 related gear to 26+, seems only fair d3 gear is built for higher levels than the current requirements of 23 etc.
I agree with everything that was just said +1
Old 04-06-2012, 08:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered User Vestra
Starscream, I...

u high
Old 04-07-2012, 07:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered User S0ulseeker
Gaias Enthusiast

S0ulseeker has little to show at this moment (15)S0ulseeker has little to show at this moment (15)
I quit :[ I'll be graduating college soon and I'll need to pass some drug tests to find a real job. Can't wait to join the real world haha
Old 04-07-2012, 08:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered User Vestra
Starscream, I...

Aw Jesus now you'll play properly where's the fun in that.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:56 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered User Vestra
Starscream, I...

Zwieb, meteor and coupe also interrupt Andrazzars shadowbolt. If that's intentional, fair enough, I always assumed it was a difficult part of the battle healers had to manage.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:08 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vestra View Post
Zwieb, meteor and coupe also interrupt Andrazzars shadowbolt. If that's intentional, fair enough, I always assumed it was a difficult part of the battle healers had to manage.
Its intentional. All interupts work on Andrazzars Shadowbolt.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:18 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered User Vestra
Starscream, I...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwiebelchen View Post
Its intentional. All interupts work on Andrazzars Shadowbolt.
Things like hateful strike and backstab don't though, since the boss can't be stunned, can it? I haven't really noticed before, I'll get back to you on it, so far I think only the 3 moves interrupt the boss.

Also allowing it to be interrupted makes the boss extremely bloody easy, if that's intentional.
Old 04-08-2012, 07:09 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered User Hawajska
User

Hawajska has disabled reputation
I gues only spells that "interrupt" not "stun" can make boss cancel spell cast.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:25 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered User Vestra
Starscream, I...

Apparently, I like how zwieb is making the two different mechanics tbh.
Old 04-08-2012, 12:19 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawajska View Post
I gues only spells that "interrupt" not "stun" can make boss cancel spell cast.
That's correct. I made two custom passive abilities for that reason. One renders the unit unstunable, the other one uninteruptable. There are exceptions, though, like Fire Nova of the squire classchange quest or the summon spell of Andrazzar.
Old 04-08-2012, 01:09 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered User Hawajska
User

Hawajska has disabled reputation
sounds good to me... I hope d4 will bring some new chalanges, cos d3 and other dungoens seems like farm zone, all tactic comes to tank/heal/avoid :(

anz Z why casters has so little dps? i just tested mage and it seems like 130-140dps is all he can do on single, comparing to arround 180dps for other dps classes.