• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DC when playering with my brother

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
At first: no, it' not texture quality nor light quality - we both got monster comps bought by ourselves ~1,5 years ago. Graphics is sec to highest quiality, as well as resolution.

I wanted to play with my brother together on this map, and whenever we enter the game, the second played, not the host gets disconnected. Whats more awkard, when we sit to the 1.1 instead of latest 1.2 version, everything works fine, and we have been even playing together last night.

Was is it in 1.2 that causes those disconnects? We were trying to play both on local area network and battle.net. Yes, we both had the same ip.

Thanks in advance.

Bannar

Code Reviewer
Level 26
Report: it had to do with sharing IP. I've set mine IP to static, yet I dont think that was an issue. We share router and my bro could host while me not. His IP adress had ports 6112-6119 for warcraft 3 forwarded, thats why. What we did, was just adding additional forward rule for mine pc. Sharing 6112-6119 was not allowed, but splitting into: 6112-6112 and 6113-6119 done the trick.

Still, was is it in 1.2 that caused DC while 1.1 (j to be precise) allowed us to play freely?

EDIT: without lauchning wc3 via garena, DCs keep coming. However, if garena is lauched, we can play on every version both on battle net and LAN.

Level 3
Hello

im not sure if you fix your problem but i went through the same thing with my bro also if you havent fix it PM me i might be able to help i fix my problem

Status
Not open for further replies.