• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

1.2B(3) bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
My berserker's Redrazor Bracer (from garg) turned into a manarit ring (green drop in foothills). Were some items switched in the code system?

Edit: What I've noticed so far
Spiderling Bracer --> Bracer of Blocking
Seal of Defensive Chants --> Golden Band of Slashing
Golden Band of Slashing --> Gloves of Accuracy

Looks like this is mainly just affecting equipped accessories. For now you can stash or backpack your accessory before -comp in the beta.

Just pulling this out of the 1.2B release thread.

2. Quest rewards still drop to the floor with no model.

3. Sometimes a player will randomly desync while watching the intro.

4. Sometimes a player's game will crash when completing a quest.

Nothing game-breaking so far. Looking good.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_083115_232934_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_083115_232934_01.jpg
    283 KB · Views: 118
  • Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    11.5 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Just pulling this out of the 1.2B release thread.
Messed up items when importing an older version code are always expected.
The -comp command does some pretty heavy behind-the-scenes calculus to convert the code... it's not guaranteed to have 100% results all the time.

So, eh, while this could be considered a bug, it is actually nothing worth fixing retroactively. Remember that -comp is just a compatibility import method to avoid code-wipe, not the standard method of loading code.

Short: As long as -load delivers consistent results, I'm fine with -comp messing up some items.

Level 8
Well it doesn't really bother me but I've seen many confused and frustrated players. Just wanted it to be known that it can be easily avoided.

Level 8
Still invulnerable.

Also, not a bug but I found it quite amusing how Fortan says "quick, follow me!" but you have to lead him ~_~\

Level 17
my problem about that is that my crusader now has a golden band of slashing instead of a seal of defensive chants. It's a long time ago but as far as i can remember, seal of defensive chants was a quest reward? So i'm not able to get it back forever :(

Level 9
And Zwieb! When we start the game as 6 (1.2B(3)) we couldn't pick a hero in about 5 minutes, and we couldn't pause/resume the game during this time, it is something like delay when i pick then left the mouse.. ''character picking'' actually works after about 5 minutes but we can type&chat..
And if i start 2/6 other guy always faces with the quit menu even he had his Quality Options set to High.
If i disturb the thread as i'm new arround here.. im sorry for that, just didn't know what exactly to do when i want to report a bug or something else :)
Thank you!..

Level 14
And Zwieb! When we start the game as 6 (1.2B(3)) we couldn't pick a hero in about 5 minutes, and we couldn't pause/resume the game during this time, it is something like delay when i pick then left the mouse.. ''character picking'' actually works after about 5 minutes but we can type&chat..
And if i start 2/6 other guy always faces with the quit menu even he had his Quality Options set to High.
If i disturb the thread as i'm new arround here.. im sorry for that, just didn't know what exactly to do when i want to report a bug or something else :)
Thank you!..

That could be a problem with the host. Did you try again in a new game?

Level 8
Are you supposed to be able to enslave dungeon mobs? I'm running around with a 2000hp meat tank (lvl25 turtle from d2) and tbh it's way too strong.

my problem about that is that my crusader now has a golden band of slashing instead of a seal of defensive chants. It's a long time ago but as far as i can remember, seal of defensive chants was a quest reward? So i'm not able to get it back forever :(

That's why I said the player can go to 1.2A(13), put the accessory in their backpack or stash, save, THEN go comp in 1.2B so the accessory will not change. This way there's no issue with the current comp system and zwieb won't have to mess with it, possibly wiping our mystics.

Last edited:
Level 8
Slaves retain their pathing blockers or whatever it is that keeps them from going past certain points. Trying to take them around foothills is a nightmare - you have to hope they survive long enough for you to get to warp distance.

Slaves retain their pathing blockers or whatever it is that keeps them from going past certain points. Trying to take them around foothills is a nightmare - you have to hope they survive long enough for you to get to warp distance.
I tried really hard to understand this, but I failed and have literally no idea what you are describing here...

Level 8
Consider the attached screenshot. That's the ramp north of Hill Giant heading towards the razormanes. Enslaved mobs cant follow you up there, they will just turn back.

Attachments

• WC3ScrnShot_090115_231050_01.jpg
    WC3ScrnShot_090115_231050_01.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 161
Level 8
Can you make the warp range for mercs/pets a bit shorter? Then the pathing won't matter you just have to run straight where you need to go and your slave will warp to you instead of dying somewhere.

Also, sometimes the game takes like 5 minutes to load your hero and be able to move (for all players). Any idea what could cause that? Those games have a higher chance to crash at some point.

Edit: Yeah you're right, the problem actually lies with the mobs being too big to pass through certain choke points. Is it possible to simply make all the mobs have a lower collision size? I haven't had any problems running around with a murloc because of their small collision.

Last edited:
I won't adjust the collision sizes just for this single ramp...

Also, sometimes the game takes like 5 minutes to load your hero and be able to move (for all players). Any idea what could cause that? Those games have a higher chance to crash at some point.
This is because of all the leveling abilities...
Sorry guys, it's an engine limitation. I could preload all the abilities, but then you would spend the extra time in the map loading screen instead of in the game... And I prefer the loading screen to be a short as possible.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
In this case, is it possible to add a message for the loading hero player? 'Your hero is loading'. Most people dont read the forums, so I suspect they'll stay confused otherwise.

In this case, is it possible to add a message for the loading hero player? 'Your hero is loading'. Most people dont read the forums, so I suspect they'll stay confused otherwise.
Wait, are we talking *actual* 5 minutes or figure-of-speech 5 minutes?
The lag shouldn't be longer than 4-5 seconds.

i think i found a bug.
the bonus damage of celestials zeal (the magical damage) has a way too high crit chance?
my crusader has 5% crit chance but the bonus damage crits like every second attack.
Can someone confirm this? I don't have a sader to try this. Also, I didn't change anything about Celestial Zeal so there might be something funky going on. Do you have a replay?

Level 8
Code:
You sure Demon? It was a long time, but i figured it was like 1 minute.

Depends on the number of players. I've never had it in singleplayer. 2-3 players is around a minute. 4-5 players around 3 minutes and full game around 5 minutes.

About the crusader's crit chance, theres no difference from what it was before. It's just that the level difference crit bonus is very prominent when you're lvl50 and hitting lvl 29 golems.

Level 17
Code:

Depends on the number of players. I've never had it in singleplayer. 2-3 players is around a minute. 4-5 players around 3 minutes and full game around 5 minutes.

About the crusader's crit chance, theres no difference from what it was before. It's just that the level difference crit bonus is very prominent when you're lvl50 and hitting lvl 29 golems.

why would it be like that? if it says 5% crit chance then it should be 5%, right?
i dont believe that

Level 7
Twisted Metal fails to calculate something if its used to enter combat. The first tick is significantly weaker than the other ticks if used in this manner.

Theres also definitely a delay on some caster enemies. Twisted Metal may be causing this, but the troll magi and the gnoll casters would just stand there for 1-2 seconds after their stun finished before starting to cast again.

Twisted Metal fails to calculate something if its used to enter combat. The first tick is significantly weaker than the other ticks if used in this manner.
Yes, I noticed I forgot a stat recalculus at this point. As Twisting metal takes the armor of the target into account, this is needed; I just forgot adding it. If you do anything else before (i.e. a standard attack), it should be fine though.

Theres also definitely a delay on some caster enemies. Twisted Metal may be causing this, but the troll magi and the gnoll casters would just stand there for 1-2 seconds after their stun finished before starting to cast again.
I'll check it out... if someone finds a sure-fire way to reproduce this, that would be great, though, because I find it hard to believe that this is caused by Twisting Metal itself.

Level 8
the level41 guild executive from the tattered doc quest can be enslaved. His skills are pretty OP and he's invulnerable.

Level 7
Can you change the level of some of the training dummies in Mytargas? With the new level adjustment system you implemented, they're all level 1 so we crit pretty much ALL of the time so its hard to get a realistic idea of DPS.

Level 4
I made a thread about it already, but I guess I will had the loading screen freeze bug. It has only ever happened with Gaia recently no other wc3 games.

SHBlade

Hosted Project GR
Level 14
BISHOP'S SHIELD BUG:
Sometimes when u shield someone, the weakened soul debuff lasts untill debuffed person die. It happened to me twice in 2 games, first when I was trying to solo ogre boss with my bish (right at start of the battle, after first shield came down due to too much dmg absorbed), second when me, Kamina, Vernaaz and some other dude were fighting hg (Vernaaz shielded me and bum weakened soul forever). Today me and Vernaaz tried to reproduce this bug but we failed. I think it happens randomly.

SHBlade

Hosted Project GR
Level 14
CLERIC'S CLASS QUEST BUG:
During class quest minigame player gets kicked out of the instance with combat state (so he need to die or repick to interact with npcs) afer about 20s. It makes class quest impossible.

///EDIT
dude who was doing that quest didn't notice one of the soldiers and he kept dying. So everything is fine except combat after failure.

Level 8
Persisting combat is an issue with 1.2B in general. Run past a bunch of creeps (without killing them) anywhere and more likely than not you will be stuck in combat. I'm guessing something got messed up when zwieb implemented that "Creep reset will now also cleanse any buff or debuff from the resetting creep".

Level 7
It has been reported, but anyway:
1. After game start everything freeze for really long time - about 5+ minutes for full game. Not -load (-comp) freeze for 2-3 seconds when game hangs. This freeze looks like game still works (animation plays, day time flow, you see other players chat messages) but you can not do anything: pings on minimap doesn't work, chat commands ignored, you can not even start a new character. And when hang ends, all commands executed at once (guess they placed in some stack).
Really, in game it looks like map is totally broken.

2. And yeah, sometimes mobs will follow for player for a great distance. Crab chased Kamina to the Riversdale :)

3. Mystic just stand idle after casting Twisting Metal.

4. Mystics have green bloodsplats o_O.

Level 8
So yeah.. shield block doesn't work for Mystic or Hexblade..

This really shows how important shield block is for tanking. Monk should have something like this, maybe a 10% physical damage resistance with steel body activated.

Last edited:
Level 7
So yeah.. shield block doesn't work for Mystic or Hexblade..
Just run some tests on Crab boss with my level 14 Mystic and can confirm this.

Boss damage per hit: 18-21

Setup A: Helmet + Rugged Mail + Steel Targe = 7 armor + 20% block
Expected boss hit: ( 18-21 * 80% ) - 7 = 8-10
But boss hits for: 11-14

Setup B: Helmet + Rugged Mail + Ring of the Guard = 7 armor
Boss hits for: 11-14

Looks like cast system is bugged now.
Mobs, mercs, players stay idle after casting a spell for 2-3 seconds and even don't do anything if they attacked.
This applied to all spells with cast time: both channeling and normal. Instant spells works correctly.

Sometimes other player's cast messages appear over your character. This happens even if character is far away. (for example sometimes i see "Heal" spell info pop up on my Mystic, but cleric is not on the screen)

Also not a bug, but i guess balancing issue. Bosses in d2 have 26 lvl, but drop lvl 18 items.
So they have +8% crit chance and +16% crit damage on players that can use this items. Protector shredding tank very fast with crits :). Yep it's more challenging now, but idk does this reward worth it. Usually ppl now skip d2 & d3, and go there only with high levels.

Game freeze for 2-3 seconds when weather changes.

Last edited:
Level 7
+25% Psionic blade charges talent only applies to base intelligence.

Dispel cannot target enemy units, so apparently it can't remove positive buffs from enemies yet either :D. Changed to the AOE talent one and it didn't dispel enrage on alchemist (Although this may not be a bad thing :p)

Last edited:
Level 3
Sorcerer's Incinerate:
Like wildfire, Incinerate spread and damage enemy and ally alike, spare none in it's wake. I wonder if it's intended?

Level 7
It seems the perma weakened soul bug that was reported earlier can be expanded to every status effect. Had Perm Levitate/Symbol of fury earlier. Along with permanent stun and everything else that can be on the status bar.

ALSO, crippling curse doesn't appear in the buff/debuff box timer thing in the top right when you use it as a Psion.

Also just encountered the potion bug (Entire potion stack dropping when trying to share one) without a thief in the group. So the problem doesn't lie within stealing one :p.

Last edited:

SHBlade

Hosted Project GR
Level 14
+25% Psionic blade charges talent only applies to base intelligence.

Dispel cannot target enemy units, so apparently it can't remove positive buffs from enemies yet either :D. Changed to the AOE talent one and it didn't dispel enrage on alchemist (Although this may not be a bad thing :p)

Well, for me it works fine, 77 total int: 96 stacks with 25% stacks buff.

SHADE:
Mystic's (Psion n Hex) doppler is squire.

Last edited:
Level 7
Sometimes combat state doesn't change to combat even if you fighting. Just meet this bug in local game. Setup:
Psion 26 lvl + Shaman Merc + Enslaved 18 lvl crow. Hunting for ogres under Mythargas.
Aggro always show 900%-1000%, but combat icon is green, so i can not use Levitate ability.
I guess a bird can cause this bug, with 21 lvl gnoll everything runs fine.

Also, when levitate is on, main attack info turns black, but i guess this is wc3 limitations.

After -load portals sometimes doesn't added to the character. -repick fix it, but it cost 1 load.
Also Psion's extra Psi-blade charges from green INT bonus lost after loading.

Any cast cancels automatically when Levitate effect fade, a bit annoying :) especially when use revive merc ability ><

Sometimes long casts are ended faster than planned. You can see this with ressurection, enslave, merc revive. It's not high spell haste, i have only 2%. And not lags - happens in localhost game too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.