• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

1.2A(10) official version bugs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
attachment.php

cannot do anything, totally locked out

Attachments

• asd.png
    asd.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 565
Level 7
Ability description in spell book doesn't change when you pick talent for this ability: for example +5% parry, +10% parry power, 50% phys damage retaliation when parry.
However, bonuses from talents are applied, so maybe it works as intended?

+Same with talent reset lock out. Only Alf+F4 helps :\

Level 6
efreet spell haste increases after first cast.

i think you need to 0 its haste at the start of function instead of recalling it again. Since the new haste is now a +haste function instead of a setting it's haste to 20 or so

Last edited:

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Ability description in spell book doesn't change when you pick talent for this ability: for example +5% parry, +10% parry power, 50% phys damage retaliation when parry.
However, bonuses from talents are applied, so maybe it works as intended?
Not a bug. Tooltips are usually not changed with talents; only if cooldown changes.

Level 5
Ok, this isn't really a bug, but I think it's something that isn't supposed to be the way it is. When I select any option from the option menu, the floating text with the option I just clicked appears in my character as if I had casted a spell. It happens with every option except with Camera (my guess is that this was already an option, you just move it from its original place).

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Ok, this isn't really a bug, but I think it's something that isn't supposed to be the way it is. When I select any option from the option menu, the floating text with the option I just clicked appears in my character as if I had casted a spell. It happens with every option except with Camera (my guess is that this was already an option, you just move it from its original place).
Hmm... not really a bug, just something that isn't visually consistent. I don't think this is enough of an issue to get a fix. ;)

Level 4
The level 40 Berserker talent "Increases chance to score a critical
hit by 10%." seems to not do anything. When I spec into it, the value of my crit chance doesn't change.

The level 35 Berserker talent "Increases thread generated by 10%
when 'Heroic Presence' is active." contains a typo. It says "thread" instead of "threat".

EDIT#1: My druid's Servant of Nature is kind of bugged. He only has 6-7 +13 attack power. Health (527) and Armor (0+63) seem to be normal. When i switch my weapon from Redwood Shooter to Shalehorn Bow for example (switching totem works as well, so I guess it works with all kind of items) the attack power switches to 6-7 +85-95, where it should be. Still, that doesn't fix it. As soon as my Servant hits an enemy once, dealing appropriate damage (~80), his attack power bonus drops down to +13 again. When resummoning him, he spawns with normal attack power values (+85-95) and drops down to +13 again after one hit.
Here are the talents I chose (highlighted the most likely important ones):
lvl 10: bonus ap+sp from weapon
lvl 15: +15% max MP
lvl 20: +7% healing spell crit chance
lvl 25: Servant is now a treant, +sp for minions
lvl 30: +15% max MP for spirits
lvl 35: +10% max SP
lvl 40: +50% range of Remedy
lvl 45: -25% Nature's Blessing CD
lvl 50: No talent yet, cause not lvl 50

This bug doesn't occur for the bear/wolf talent. Didn't test the normal Servant of Nature, but I guess that only the treant has that problem.

It seems like the +15% max MP of spirits doesn't work properly either. One time, when I had the treant talent, my Nymph's mana hopped from 170 to 224 when choosing the +15% spirit MP talent, all the other times, even after repicking and choosing other Servant talents, it didn't change the mana of my spirits.

EDIT#2: The level 50 Druid talent "Allows to summon both Efreet and
Dryad at the same time." should say Nymph instead of Dryad, I guess.

Last edited:
Level 7
Bugreport about Magician's lvl 25 talent: "'Water Globes' is now an instant cast ability with a cooldown of 15 seconds."

Learned 'Water Globes' doesn't have cooldown

If you unlearn and then buy 'Water Globes' spell, you will obtain old spell with 0.5 seconds cooldown, but with instant cast.

Uber 'Water Globes' persists through death. Only way to make them correct - repick and load character again.

It also affects Sorcerer's 'Water Elemental'

Elemental with this talent casts 'Water Globes' instantly and then stands idle for 15 seconds, so 'Water Elemental' = 2-3 'Water Globes'.

I suggest to add weak ranged magic attacks to 'Water Elemental' that he was not standing idle on spell cooldowns. Because this bug looks like a nice feature :)

Bard's songs remain on target when instrument unequipped

So it is possible to buff everyone with songs and switch to DPS offhand.

You can say what it's kind of feature, but I see it as a headache for DPS bards. Also it's slightly illogical.
Possible solution - remove instrument requirements for songs (you can sing without instruments), and keep it for new 'Hymn of Heroes' and 'Chorus' abilities.

Last edited:
Level 4
The talent that removes Stealth Penalty (for Assassin) doesnt work properly. what i mean?

Step one:
I learn the talents that removes movement speed penalty and the talent that give +10% speed increasement.

Step two:
I go stealth but i lose that +10% to movement speed.. (dont tell me this is intentional...)

Level 7
Sparkling Jewel (The one the Golem drops) sells for 360 gold instead of 60.

Was Ranger class up quest altered at all? Rangers now max out HP at like 250 when they hit level 25. If poison clouds still do the same amount of damage I fear it could make the class up quest too difficult

Last edited:
Level 5
Hmm... not really a bug, just something that isn't visually consistent. I don't think this is enough of an issue to get a fix. ;)
Well, but I'm sure it's not intended, right? Also, it's a matter of polishing the game. Besides, you'd just have to get rid of some lines of code, or just switch ON to OFF.

Level 4
A friend of mine got a fatal error problem in Warcraft3 when he used Blured Motions (Thief spell) whit his lvl 20 Thief fighting against the Wolf Word Boss having 400% of aggro. =/
We didn't even saved the game ='(

Level 4
A friend of mine have bought a Blacksmith Revenge Sword in Mytagars and then saved the game.
When he loaded his character, he doesn't have his sword anymore.
I hearded about some people that had similar bugs with their items.
My friend is sad =(

Level 5
Crusader Bugs

The crusader talent which reduces cooldown for shield slam and crucify does not work.

Also the lvl 25 talent that affects parry has a graphical error ( I guess) in the wording. the white text highlights part of the taunt talent. nothing big really...

Level 5
version 1.2A (13)

I didn't noticed this before, but the Level 45 Crusader Talent that decreases CD for hateful strike and Shield Slam doesn't apply to Hateful Strike. It is still 15 secs.

Level 8
Many of the CD reduction talents have proven to be problematic. In this case the lvl45 talent is for crucify + shield slam where crucify is lowered but not shield slam. The lvl50 CDR for hateful strike doesn't work (gaping wounds and revenge is fine).

Level 7
If you die with opened abilities / game options / (learned talents? / talent selection? didn't check it) spellbook, resurrection button doesn't appear in the grave stone command card!

attachment.php

Oddly enough it was not reported yet, because this bug can be really gamebreaking for newbies: your character dies and you doesn't have any clues how to resurrect him.

Only way to show res button is select other unit and then select grave stone again (manually or with F8).
Update: After several clicks on the model of grave stone resurrection appears. Interesting that grave stone with resurrection have something in unit portrait, when blank grave stone have blank portrait. Maybe script selects dummy unit?

Attachments

• missing_resurrect_button.jpg
    missing_resurrect_button.jpg
    361.5 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Maybe you just had the wrong gravestone selected?

It's very unlikely there is a bug with the gravestone code simply because it doesn't even have any code. The ressurection command is just a unit train order. And gravestones have it by default, because there is no way to have a gravestone without being dead, so there's no reason for me to actually trigger that.

Level 7
Maybe you just had the wrong gravestone selected?
Screenshot taked from localgame testing with 5 game windows opened + program "clumsy" to simulate ping. So I can say - this is not wrong gravestone, because this happened to all characters with opened skills/options. Characters with selected enemies/backpacks/friends/etc work correctly.

You can easily repeat this bug. Just start a map, select any hero, open skills, run to the bandits and die. Here is a screenshot (also you can see transparent background for menus, I guess something in the map overrides this texture)
146209d1434913100-1-2a-10-official-version-bugs-gravestone_bug_solo.jpg
attachment.php

Attachments

• gravestone_bug_solo.jpg
    gravestone_bug_solo.jpg
    453 KB · Views: 115
  • resurrection_bug.jpg
    resurrection_bug.jpg
    388.4 KB · Views: 130
Status
Not open for further replies.