• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My Hive does not work appropriate...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Hello,

I am not sure whether Hive is the reason, but there are a few issues since yesterday which are very annoying.

Issue1: I cannot give reputation anymore since the window does not fully pop up.

Issue2: I cannot view my VMs immediately after posting them, since the text box is not created

Issue3: I cannot see my thread posts immediately after posting them

Issue4: I cannot quick-edit my posts anymore

Issue5: I cannot view attached images

As far as I know I have every software updated, so I don't know what causes this...

Last edited by a moderator:

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Nothing of the mentioned things, using IE newest version.

The bug fixed itself now after closing and opening the browser again, but it occurs often, like every 5th time being on Hive and I have no clue why, often opening and closing the browser does not solve the problem.

Level 25
Well, there you have your problem. :D
Don't use IE. Even tho it's been upgraded and is probably a quite a decent browser nowadays, don't use it.

Use firefox or chrome.

@Shadow, I'm pretty sure he's using the EDGE browser.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

I am aware of the problems IE cause, but I never experienced them worse than other browsers like Firefox or Chrome.

Well, let's see, maybe it is time for a new one

Level 25
I've had IE go haywire nuts when there is a page missing the metatag telling IE which version of itself it should use. On some computers IE goes into compability mode when the metatag is missing, I've had it go into compability mode of IE 7 when using IE 10.

So there is a chance it just went into compability mode due missing a metatag in the page.
Or it's just IE being IE.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Wow, the site looked really weird. I wonder if it does not work on IE11 at all then.

It does, but it does not all the time.

Yesterday, for example, I had the problem when opening it the first time, after closing it and opening again it worked fine, but later the day, in a new browser window the issue occurred again, as it does today right now, too.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

If I understand right it is Edge ( default).

By the way, nice thread keywords...

-----------------

If anyone is interested, it seems to be or it could be a conflict with another gaming website that seems bugged/ not accessible due to possible server problems at the moment. Trying to access it seems to bug my Hive, as described in the first post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 29
While I support any flak IE <11 gets, 11 is actually a decent browser that has proper support for web standards (at least decent on a technical level, I never used it so I don't know about user experience).

Your issues hardly sound related to IE in any way, but rather to network issues, or some other problem, that lead to you not getting all of the HTML/CSS/JS data.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

This F12 action showed there is a 'Script5: Access denied' for Hive, I don't know whether this has to mean something.

If you're using Windows 10 then please run your browser as administrator or make it your default browser in settings. It could also be your anti-virus program overreacting and deleting elements from browsing.

Make sure to update Java, Adobe Flash Player and IE to latest versions.

It could also be that Hive uses old vBulletin.

I'm trying to help, I'm not posting stupid comments.

No need to ambush Firefox, it's a nice browser. I had it long time ago, it worked like a charm. IE 11 is not that bad, it did improve greatly.

The problems people are encountering are possibly with internet connection and other software that interacts with browser indirectly. I do not believe them.

Last edited:
Level 17
No need to ambush Firefox, it's a nice browser. I had it long time ago, it worked like a charm. IE 11 is not that bad, it did improve greatly.

The problems people are encountering are possibly with internet connection and other software that interacts with browser indirectly. I do not believe them.

I too Believe it's bad Internet Too :p

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

I did some time ago and it did not work better than IE, but sometimes even worse.

In IE I know at least what bugs and problems occur and how to majorly deal with them.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Hm, the problem occurs at certain times, like at 11 pm, maybe it has to do something with the Internet provider.

Well, I would say I can live with this issue, since it does not occur all the time.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Interesting, I noticed the bug occurs after trying to view an image attachment of a post.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Could people please stop talking garbage...
THW works perfectly in IE11 on Windows 10.
THW chat works perfectly in IE11 on Windows 10.
THW model viewer kind of works in IE11 on Windows 10.

IE11 is not out of date, neither is it buggy or slow.

I can confirm that all that also works in Microsoft Edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.