• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Balance Discussion

BnG_Balance_discuss.png

Have you found a sword/armor/ability/something else being overpowered/underpowered?
Feel free to share your observations!

This thread is for any game balance related discussion.
[TD]
BnG_Note.png
[/TD][TD]Saying "X is imba" or "Y is useless" will not be helpful.
Please give reasons and examples![/TD]

Last edited:
Are the time amount of stumble is really fare?...because sometimes it annoys me that i can't move easily and thus the enemy has enough seconds to deal damage to me.

Well, thats the point of stumbling. The unit is paused for 0.37 seconds and is vulnerable to attacks.

If you mean the slowed movement that comes as a bit longer lasting side-effect of being hit with kick, you are still fully capable of blocking incoming attacks.

Level 30
Hey, have played the game and its really nice. But I think the basic attack... I think the Slash.... should not be targeted ability. Make it like when you use the ability, it will make the hero attack and enemies in the range of the slash will be damaged. Because I think, making the basic attack a targeted ability is a bit... well, I cant explain but hard... because you still need to click and click.... also the Defend ability dont make it a targeted ability also... make it when cast, the hero will automatically defend.

I dont know if this is any of related to Balance but it sure does because in my own opinion making the basic attack and Guard a targeted ability makes the game a little hard because you still need to target your enemy when attacking and yourself when defending.

Hey, have played the game and its really nice. But I think the basic attack... I think the Slash.... should not be targeted ability. Make it like when you use the ability, it will make the hero attack and enemies in the range of the slash will be damaged. Because I think, making the basic attack a targeted ability is a bit... well, I cant explain but hard... because you still need to click and click.... also the Defend ability dont make it a targeted ability also... make it when cast, the hero will automatically defend.

I dont know if this is any of related to Balance but it sure does because in my own opinion making the basic attack and Guard a targeted ability makes the game a little hard because you still need to target your enemy when attacking and yourself when defending.

Hmm I've heard that suggestion a few times now.
However, if the abilities were not targetable, players' accuracy would suffer considerably.

The way the system is now allows you to block/slash behind you very fast in one smooth movement.
If the targeting was removed, you would have to align your unit to the correct angle with movement orders only and that would be both clumsy and slow.

Level 30
Hmm I've heard that suggestion a few times now.
However, if the abilities were not targetable, players' accuracy would suffer considerably.

The way the system is now allows you to block/slash behind you very fast in one smooth movement.
If the targeting was removed, you would have to align your unit to the correct angle with movement orders only and that would be both clumsy and slow.

Oh, I see. I kinda agree with you so best of luck to your game. Actually, I really like your game.... Still, Im glad to give a feedback on your Blades N' Gore II.:grin:

Level 19
I find Grand Fang to be too good. Most times it's just a power slam and you win...
Grand Fang is a slightly less powerful version of Blood Lotus without the con of having your hp drained IMO >_<

You could change the Grand Fang to be a more strategic item:
Keep current stats but make give 0 stamina regeneration, so you have to unequip it if you want to regenerate stamina.
Making that will change the whole weapon and will require players to strategically equip/unequip it while fighting.

Oh, I see. I kinda agree with you so best of luck to your game. Actually, I really like your game.... Still, Im glad to give a feedback on your Blades N' Gore II.:grin:
That's nice to hear. Feedback is appreciated!

I find Grand Fang to be too good. Most times it's just a power slam and you win...
Grand Fang is a slightly less powerful version of Blood Lotus without the con of having your hp drained IMO >_<
The next map update will slightly reduce power slam strength in relation to the weapon power stat.

Also, the balance to these strongest weapons comes from the fact that if you miss that power slam or attempt to spam the abilities, you will have a hard time regaining the lost stamina. Especially Grand Fang will suffer from mindless swinging, as missed slashes will drain extra stamina from the wielder.

You could change the Grand Fang to be a more strategic item:
Keep current stats but make give 0 stamina regeneration, so you have to unequip it if you want to regenerate stamina.
Making that will change the whole weapon and will require players to strategically equip/unequip it while fighting.
As I think I mentioned in the group, that ability will be used for some other, even heavier sword.

Level 19
I tested this 2 abilities with Katana in-game and this is the damage dealt:

Power Slam = 89
Slash = 52

It seems a bit imbalanced IMO because slash costs 9 mana and power slam costs 44 mana, i don't feel that Power Slam rewards you enough for landing a successful power slam since damage output from spamming slash is greater and faster.

IMO Power Slam stamina costs should be reduced for all ranks

I tested this 2 abilities with Katana in-game and this is the damage dealt:

Power Slam = 89
Slash = 52

It seems a bit imbalanced IMO because slash costs 9 mana and power slam costs 44 mana, i don't feel that Power Slam rewards you enough for landing a successful power slam since damage output from spamming slash is greater and faster.

IMO Power Slam stamina costs should be reduced for all ranks
Power slam strikes through defend, while slash makes you stumble if enemy defends.
Power slam has longer range.
Power slam makes the enemy stumble.

I think power slam is powerful enough, no?
For me weak amror are useless, I know I have better move speed but that is not enough. Maybe to upgrade them a little because in 90% of game I take heavy armor.
Perhaps.
Do you have any specific suggestions on how to improve them?

Level 6
When i play with AI.. i realize this SUPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRR!!!! Annoying EFFECT!

But i know it is intended for some reasons..

When your life is near 5% or less than 10% [i don't know exaclty).. you get slow because of bleeding..

The reason is.. When your life is very LOW will you RUN AWAY as far as you can to get heal right Kita?... but the SLOW is really!!..hmmmm.. you really die!.. using the DASH, RUN, isn't that really helpful.. as you know it consumes stamina + stumble of dash..

But anyway don't mind this..

When i play with AI.. i realize this SUPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRR!!!! Annoying EFFECT!

But i know it is intended for some reasons..

When your life is near 5% or less than 10% [i don't know exaclty).. you get slow because of bleeding..

The reason is.. When your life is very LOW will you RUN AWAY as far as you can to get heal right Kita?... but the SLOW is really!!..hmmmm.. you really die!.. using the DASH, RUN, isn't that really helpful.. as you know it consumes stamina + stumble of dash..

But anyway don't mind this..
Yep yep that's a game feature that you need to consider before you let your health drop too much :p

Ai is a bit overpowered, and someone can realise it especially if he is a noob.
Just a diff selection will be good.
Yes, I'm planning on adding a difficulty selection for it.
Hopefully already in the next map version.

Level 4
I think the sprint is abit overpowered and really simple.

I suggest you to descreases the duration time/ disable some spell while using it (Example: Power Slam, etc)

I always run away from my enemy while he damaging me and i really dying, really easy to do that with sprint.

Level 8
When I first joined map with a bot, I explored every possible solution as a noob, but tough guy keeps wrecking me. Maybe if playing with a bot, it would be nice if his skills are equal to yours, or atleast nerf them, lol. :D