• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

StarCraft II Music

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
@ Hawkwing - thats what I thought, the Protoss music has no place for chorus of people singing, this is not WoW, war3, middle ages... The terran music is some country music that is imo WAYY inappropriate. Compare the old Terran music from SC1, I loved it and it was very space music, and the music now... so not suitable some guitar. The Zerg music btw rox

Level 10
The best track so far is actually the battle.net lobby one imo. I thought it was a terran track at first but I guess not.

You can listen to it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYd1olQnUT8&feature=related

Are you serious? I made this thread to share MY uploads, not some guy who obviously uploaded a second-source video (uses same background image as mine, amplitude of his sound much lower, not to mention the superposition which decreased its quality)... I don't just don't get it.

Level 13
Thread hijacking progress:
|||||||||100%|||||||||

But seriously, thanks for uploading all of the music at an acceptably good quality level. Most YouTube users upload crap that has been processed and transcoded five times, with increasingly worse settings each time. Glad to see there are still some good ones out there, like yourself.

Level 3
Are you serious? I made this thread to share MY uploads, not some guy who obviously uploaded a second-source video (uses same background image as mine, amplitude of his sound much lower, not to mention the superposition which decreased its quality)... I don't just don't get it.

Chill out dude, your channel only had three uploads when I first checked it so I looked up the song manually when I thought of it.

God forbid you lose out on those views though, sheesh.

Level 3
Yeah, I know that now :p

However, as far as I recall there was only three the first time I checked, even when dropping down the uploads menu, which is why my initial reaction was to look it up myself.

If it makes you feel better I already edited my post.

@ Hawkwing - thats what I thought, the Protoss music has no place for chorus of people singing, this is not WoW, war3, middle ages... The terran music is some country music that is imo WAYY inappropriate. Compare the old Terran music from SC1, I loved it and it was very space music, and the music now... so not suitable some guitar. The Zerg music btw rox
sc1 terran music involved country style and guitar.
That's precisely the reason there is country guitar in Terran sc2 because they captured the essence of sc1 musics.

Level 7
I never played SCI so I cant say that I liked the old music better but the music is pretty neat even if it may not sound like the original music.

Level 22
I take my words about Protoss music BACK! The P music is just awesome! Very fitting for them, like Alien temple music! And the terran music is also nice, I dont dislike it as I did at first, but I still prefer some part of the musics replaced, cause in some cases we really go to Space Cowboy... And I prefer MILITARY music over Cowboy music. DOnt get me wrong, ther are 3 or 4 musics, 2 of them are very cool, but 2 of them are pure Cowboy music and MEH

See what getting used to a game means? It's always like that, play a game a lot and you will find even the game with the worst graphics such as 32 color game to be awesome.

Level 22
you guys gotta remember most of the terrans arent even a really disciplined fighting force. most of them are criminals/rebels/etc. Not to mention Raynor lived in a trailer for awhile.
If you listen to the marine, he sorta has a hill billy accent, as does the siege tank, and the marauder...is black.
It wouldnt be fun if we took out all the humanity of the human race's songs.

Level 27
I actually like that new junky terran style. I mean now they are really more like space colonists that came to other worlds in hope to have a new, better life. Let's not forget that acording to Starcraft backstory humans send to colonize the world the roughest and tougheest of all the criminals.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
That's the positive thing about Terran music: although it doesn't look too good or fitting the first time, you eventually get used to it. The only track I didn't like was Terran 03.
But the Protoss music is just awesome. I grew fond of it the very first time I heard it.
I also listened to some Starcraft 1 tracks and I didn't really like any of the Terran or the Protoss. The Zerg's tracks 1 and 2 were good. Surprisingly enough, I don't like SC2 zerg music as much. But they're still not bad. Track 4 was quite good, as was 1 and 2. But all of them are short and not really something to listen to outside the game.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
~Thread moved
Bump! I have retrieved this thread from the Information Sharing Center.

I take back what I said about SC1 music, I like the Protoss music so much that I actually listen to it often. I also listen to the Terran themes once in a while. I especially love that part at 5 minutes of "Terran 1". The thing with SC1 Protoss music is that its volume isn't too high and it's typically ambient, so it doesn't really say much when you listen to it the first and second times.

P.S. -- I just love the first 2 minutes of SC2-Protoss-03! It's so sad! :psick:

Also, I listened to a WoW track the other day in which I heard something nearly identical to a sequence of the SC1 Protoss music. I believe a few people will also agree with me if I state that SC1 music reminds you of WC2 music somewhat. My point being, music "ripping" isn't new, Blizzard has done it for all games they have released since, at least, WC2 (did WC1 even have music?).

EDIT (30-Jan): Listen to "Song of Elune". You'll notice a similarity with the music of the Protoss briefing room.

Last edited:
Level 22
I don't like the Space cowboy oh wait just cowboy theme.. It suits the deserts of Mar Sara but not space. But I like the new musics added with the release of the game that weren't in beta.

The P music is fine and I think the Z music rox. Suits it perfectly. Like in war3 when I get tired of them I will Ctr+M for eternity. I don't pay attention to them when playing meele tho, I like the campaign musics were also very nice for battles.

Level 12
Terran music is perfect. Is got that "Yes, we showed up, deal with it" feel. It keeps away from static and is somewhat sporadic in the sense that its all over the place, going from seriousness to relaxed to fun and back again.

Status
Not open for further replies.