• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Smoopa's Art!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Here are some few pieces that I have either completed or are WIPs.

-First image was inspired by a space Mongol that I saw a few months ago and decided to draw one for myself :D

-Second was inspired by the sexy Tuskarr race :ogre_hurrhurr:

-Third image is a WIP of Nova from Starcraft II, i'll post some progress of her armor sculpt and face as soon as I can!

Please post any suggestions or improvements! :thumbs_up:

9Ly4GXH.jp

K4eKnbp.jp

SYW8vZc.jp

Last edited:
Level 8
Yea i really messed up on the first one, i used the magic wand on my original sketch to get rid of the white background and it left little edges around the borders. Not doing that again lol :(

f7WJ0MH.jpg

Last edited:
Level 12
It is indeed abit sad that the 1st pic has those white edges. Otherwise it would've turn out better. :) Anyway, nice improvisation on the tuskarr. The chubbyness and the outfit design kinda remind me a cartoon I've watched before when I as a kid. Gummi Bear. (Just did a search for the name n turns out the resemblance was very little instead. ^^") Lovin the Nova WIP! :)

Level 8
Just started to model Nova's armor, I'll post her face this weekend for sure once I finish all my college work. :goblin_sleep:

YEABBbv.png

TiyjRvn.png

Late night progress round 2, estimated sleep time 1 hour.

RSDFfkI.png

Progress Update!!

jqtzUub.png

3aNNp2Y.png

Used this as my reference aswell as the art that I did earlier in the post if anyone was interested!

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/079/9/d/starcraft_ii_nova_3_views_by_walter_nest-d5yn9ob.jpg

Progress Update v2, added hair and a cape. Post some feedback if you would like!

HJpUuR2.png

Last edited:
Level 12
Dang. That's one hot girl right there. It's a pity that she's not real though. :p What program/software to you use to model? :D

Off-topic:
btw, is it true that your estimated sleeping time was roughly 1 hour? @@ You gotta be more careful man. I'm not trying to sound like a typical parents nagging or what, but by personal experience, somewhere around last year November and December, I've also neglected my sleeping times for quite long and resulted in a pretty severe case of vertigo and some other minor illnesses. So I sincerely advice you to give more attention on those things that some might often be neglected by the hectic life nowadays, such as meals and naps. :)

Level 8
Im using Mudbox to model but I started with a base mesh in Maya.

And yea i'm going to get some more sleep lol slept 16 hours today, I've just been having so much fun doing this that I don't even notice the time go by.

Level 12
Mudbox? o_O I don't seem to recall that name. I'm starting to dwell into 3D modeling and animation stuffs recently too. Thanks for the info. imma check it out later. :D

on the side note, I feel you bro. XD there are dozens of time that I just can't stop myself from going on non-stop. haha :p

Level 8
New work in progress of a piece that was inspired by the work of Lance Wilkinson.

UPDATE 2

-Fixing the swords normal map.
-Add more texture to the shield face
-512 poly count limit per piece

ORrsSZp.jpg

WUn3JkK.jpg

WxAiTHh.jpg

gfp9luX.jpg

Last edited:
Level 8
New project : Goblin King of the North

My goal is to have this little dude fully modeled and textured in a month, going to finish this concept piece and colour it before I begin with the sculpt, very excited! :grin:

Attachments

• 003-GoblinKing copy.jpg
    003-GoblinKing copy.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 24
Level 8
quick sketch before sleepy time :vw_sleep:

xyTe0Ci.jp

EDIT: Oh yea and heres a Gnar in progress

eROL9Kj.jpg

EDIT: Take this Night Elf too

gZ6BGL4.jpg

EDIT: Ok last one I swear, Goblin King sort of on the back-burner while at Uni

vtHX0e0.jpg

Last edited:
Level 8
Nothing like a little metal to go with some Chaos.

Speed drawing of Lord Eliphas the Inheritor, sorry about the beginning recording was cut off during editing and didn't notice until later. I do speed drawings with an hour time limit, this one took just under an hour to complete.

UUvwgb7.jpg

Oh yea, take this Spesh Marine too :)

PPYNh5W.jpg

yOPDrVV.jpg

Last edited:
Level 8
Yea for sure, I'll do a coloured one next. That one was just a speed sketch I give myself an hour max.

EDIT: Couldn't decide what project to work on last night so here is the result of my indecisiveness :(

pjUsy58.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.