• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zephyr Contest #13 - Poll

Vote for the best entry

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
the%20hive%20workshop.png

zephyr.png
contest.png
number.png
1.png
3.png

poll.png

Tank-Commander
Submission

DEE-BOO
Submission

Flux
Submission

Ardenian
Submission

Empirean
Submission

Loner-Magixxar
Submission

GhostHunter123
Submission

The poll will last for 20 days.

Disclaimer
Inviting your friends to vote for you, bribing random members with rep and otherwise cheating with the VB poll system will get you disqualified, banned from future contests and neg-repped, depending on the severity of your case. This includes, but is not limited to, sending PMs out to various users, getting other people to send those PMs, advertising this contest on other sites with the intention to gain more votes (whether it is explicitly stated or not), and so on. If you are suspected of cheating, the staff will notify you and interrogate you.

Voting for your self is not allowed, and it would not count anyway.

Entries that are valid on the poll doesn't equal immunity; either cheating the poll or being evaluated by the judge that your entry is violating the rules of the contest or the site's in general, automatically puts your entry at risk.

:fp:Contest Thread | Results

Last edited:
Level 9
I guess my entry receives no votes since my entry is not tested, properly arranged and is full of bugs and leaks. I wonder how it got through the qualification phase!
Anyways, I'll fix it and post it in spells section.
I couldn't make it to this contest, again, but good luck to all of the contestants and the judges.

tc

Level 37
I guess my entry receives no votes since my entry is not tested, properly arranged and is full of bugs and leaks. I wonder how it got through the qualification phase!
Anyways, I'll fix it and post it in spells section.
I couldn't make it to this contest, again, but good luck to all of the contestants and the judges.

tc

I downloaded your map but haven't looked at the triggers yet. The concept looks promising though. I still need to look at yours and GhostHunters :)

Level 13
I think if the participant's work was compiled into a voter-friendly test map, you might have more luck. I think people are probably too lazy to view them all and vote after finding a nice one, or don't view at all and vote for the people they like.

The poll might benefit from putting something like gifs of the spells.

Level 10
I like turning into a tree cause if the enemy doesnt know the terrain really well it works so good. Block the paths you shouldnt be allowed to shapeshift when seen by enemies.
Thanks man. When I was making the spell there were so many other mechanics that popped up that I should've added, like shapeshifting when being seen by enemies, you will not change teams and when you are discovered, there will be a negative effect.

Level 22
If I would be able to understand codes/triggers and whatnot I would vote on this poll but life's cruel so I'll just say good luck to the participants who managed to finish their entries.

Well you could judge it based on the following:
- Is it close to the theme?
- Is it creative, something new?
- Is the spell impressive, not simple and not easy to duplicate?
- Are the special effects sufficient?

Or you know, just read the contest judging here but ignoring the Coding part.

But make sure you view all the entries.

It seems that someone is playing the interrogating vigilante around.
Please avoid doing that Flux, people will probably hate you for that.

Edit: Someone did that before and got burned pretty bad for awhile.

i guess the public poll is to gather public opinion. the vote of the public will depend on their own judgement. they wont be asked on who they voted or what are their grounds for voting. i think its ok to vote.

Yeah, it's okay to vote. I haven't really hinted at people not voting.
I was saying that I will personally not vote since I'm not an expert in the fields of coding/spells.

Level 22
It seems that someone is playing the interrogating vigilante around.
Please avoid doing that Flux, people will probably hate you for that.

I wanted (note the past-tense) to make the Contest fair to everyone so I caught a handful of voters who didn't view all the entries but voted. But what the heck, people of hive, do what you want to do. I don't care anymore.

Yes, but by doing so you intruded on their own freedom which is quite unforgivable you know(even if their choice isn't always the best).
Believe it or not but your lil' endeavor with questioning people(as in interrogating them like you were a Gestapo officer) over vm's/pm's can really make people see you as a control-freak(and I don't think you'd want that).

Honestly, aside of GhostHunter and Loner-Magixxar, entries I can quite decide which of you should get my vote. That is because I have no PC with Warcraft to evaluate the code directly, unless of course my old laptop and spare time will be happy again for once at least, hopefully.
I'll just write my temporal vote ;
Tank Commander : Too creative, as usual :D
Dee-Boo : Pretty deceptive, and I like the concept of yours
Flux : Tricky, yet ridiculously dangerous. Though I hate Panda :p
Ardenian : I applaud the deceptive level, but I am displeased with the difficult for mirrorring this spell (those non damage replica spells addition I refer to)
Empirean : Yours reminds me quite to Byakuya Kuchiki's Senbonzakura, in term of "Safety/Hurtless Area"

Level 18
These kinds of contest would really benefit of GIFs. Not to mention the fact that a lot of people doesn't have Warcraft III installed so they can't review the code. I suggest that you upload the code and GIF (or small videos IDK) to help us review.

So I suggest that each participant prepare a little description of the spell (or the tooltip), a small video or GIF and upload the code.

What do you think?

Level 37
These kinds of contest would really benefit of GIFs. Not to mention the fact that a lot of people doesn't have Warcraft III installed so they can't review the code. I suggest that you upload the code and GIF (or small videos IDK) to help us review.

So I suggest that each participant prepare a little description of the spell (or the tooltip), a small video or GIF and upload the code.

What do you think?

Most of them did do that. Check their post entries.

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

i really like DEE-BOO entry, so my vote goes for him.

Sorry for late post. Things happened - so come the unexpected delay. :/

News to the contest:
  • Good news is that reviews are finished and results will be posted very soon. Maybe today, some later.
  • Sadly edo494 was not be able to judge the contest because of private circumstances.
    Bannar will count as only judge, and nothing else will change. Reviews were done.

Status
Not open for further replies.