• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Zephyr Contest #13 - Deception

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

What is better ? Having configurability power in the trigger or use a default ability ?

Hm, to optimize my deception effect I would have to use a DDS, do I get less points if I use one ?

Level 10
What is better ? Having configurability power in the trigger or use a default ability ?

Hm, to optimize my deception effect I would have to use a DDS, do I get less points if I use one ?
It says in the rules:
You can use any enhancing system (xe, IsDestructableTree, Damage detection systems, etc.), as long as the judge(s) and/or host give(s) consent to its usage.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

attachment.php

Concept 1
WIP 1
Concept 2
WIP 2

The basic idea of Trance is to create an ability not only causing deception, but also influencing your style of playing.
Casting Trance changes your abilities, allowing you to change your whole gameplay and strategy.
Although Trance is very control-intense, it is worth the deception and confusion your enemies will receive.
Trance allows great opportunities to create unique strategies depending on their use.

Information

• Trance is a modus, like Mana Shield and Immolation, being based on Defend
  • Completely written in GUI/GUIJASS
  • The spell consists of six different triggers and uses dynamic indexing for the invisibility refresh
  • 14 configurable variables, including SFX and dummy data
  • Perfectly fitting any intense hero arena map
  • Can be used as a base for an unique hero build
  • Easy to understand, easy to configurable
  • Many supportive comments

As you might notice, the images created in Trance do not deal any damage and are harmless to enemies.
Trance aims to lead your enemies to wrong decisions. What do you think how scared he will be when you use Trance Move to teleport an image right behind him ? he will spam that image with spells, causing cooldown of the casted abilities and give you a chance to take a step!

Spamming images might be a good idea to hide yourself under them, as he won't be able to differ between your images and your actual hero. Just create a few, go off Trance and get him!

Be careful you don't stay too long invisible, as, to make this spell not overpowered with permanent invisibility, the Trance will deactivate itself after 8 seconds of non-casting. I added this to prevent, as I said, the hero being overpowered and to bring some balance to the ability, as the movement speed reduction does, too.

attachment.php

Trance

Ability 2

Ability 3

Ability 4

Default Ability Trance Ability

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Credits: looking_for_help for his PDD to nullify image damage
( Note, do NOT use the one in the map, as the ability Ids were changed to match the ones I imported)

Attachments

• trance 1.png
    trance 1.png
    31 KB · Views: 329
  • trance 2.png
    trance 2.png
    11.6 KB · Views: 285
  • blink1.png
    blink1.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 280
  • e mirrir knives.png
    e mirrir knives.png
    12.1 KB · Views: 279
  • revenge 1.png
    revenge 1.png
    8.4 KB · Views: 286
  • w trance move.png
    w trance move.png
    10.1 KB · Views: 296
  • knives 1.png
    knives 1.png
    8.6 KB · Views: 323
  • r dream.png
    r dream.png
    16.1 KB · Views: 307
  • Header.png
    Header.png
    143.6 KB · Views: 348
  • ingame.png
    ingame.png
    441.5 KB · Views: 285
  • Ardenian + Trance.w3x
    40.4 KB · Views: 94
Last edited by a moderator:

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

I somewhat think the concept of "a spell" got a bit lost in translation somewhere along the way for a few people - more like a spellpack/set than one ability

I don't see a spell pack, I see an ability that changes the other ones
and no moderator/judge ever said it is wrong what a few people were doing,
as they should if someone did something completely wrong.

While yes your code does change your other abilities, if you want to go down that route then all the other abilities have to be discounted (and not count towards any deception aspect/points) as they are not directly part of your entry in that case - it should be noted that Icemanbo was asked at one point (albeit in the chatroom) if multiple abilities was allowed and the ruling was "no" and I'm surprised that the thread hasn't made it clear particularly after this question was asked.

Naturally your entry does have some deception but I'd also note that my comments weren't exclusively or directly in reference to you and I'm not calling for anything "to be done" as much as an offhand remark

Level 9
Last WIP

Here is my last WIP
It's nearly done and I only need to do some modifications and of course some description for the coding and the clean up!

I'll post my entry around 3 or 4 hours later

Man I only had 3 days to work on this. I really coded like crazy! :D

Attachments

• Trick Haunting (Third Phase).w3x
    42.2 KB · Views: 124

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

if multiple abilities was allowed and the ruling was "no" and I'm surprised that the thread hasn't made it clear particularly after this question was asked.
Once I presented my concept a user mentioned the same you mention now and I added in this thread I would like to hear a judge/moderator's comment if my concept does not accomplish the rules and I never received an answer, assuming it does not.

Level 9
Tank, Come to think of it your spell is a pack too. But you've used a trick to hide 2 spells in one. One spell is doing two completely different functions. I think that's somewhat cheating if we're gonna judge based on the phrase "a spell"! So, Let's not turn this into an unnecessary conversation again!
All right, so much for resting! Back to coding again.

Ardenian said:
Once I presented my concept a user mentioned the same you mention now and I added in this thread I would like to hear a judge/moderator's comment if my concept does not accomplish the rules and I never received an answer, assuming it does not.
That's fair enough, though as said I'm not calling for some kind of redesign of your concept or any reprimand and I'd agree that you should have been answered by a judge by now as to whether or not what you've made qualifies (though at this point because of a lack of responce it'd be unfair to tell you it cannot) but I'd still contest that only the primary ability could be counted to afford marks on any category (which would only really apply to the concept one and possibly visuals)

Loner-Magixxar said:
I think that's somewhat cheating if we're gonna judge based on the phrase "a spell"! So, Let's not turn this into an unnecessary conversation again!
I already confirmed whether or not it was permitted to do what I did and it qualifies as one ability even if it can do multiple things (consider an ability like death coil) - I checked this before I began work on it - though even so I repeat again that I wasn't calling for anything to be done "about it" and I certainly wouldn't call the discussion unnecessary

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Wow that presentation is amazing, Ardenian xD do you mind posting the triggers/code with it?

Haha, thanks ^^ just some 2D magic.

Well, they won't be English and they are quite long, so manually translating them, eh..
I don't know, I planned uploading it to the spells section, I don't know how the rules are, but I could link the, how is it called, 'Trigger Viewer' to add an English version, after uploading it to the spells section.
KILLCIDE said:
NEEDS A SPACE.
Nooo xD

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Loner-Magixxar is still in time, in my time zone he still has 15 minutes to post the final entry.

Level 9
The Final Entry

Final Entry: Spell: Trick Haunting by Loner-Magixxar

I really don't have time to post pictures or descriptions. I barely made it here.
Just explaining the nature of my spell:

The hero haunts the target with to spheres: A healing Sphere and a Pain Sphere. If one of them is destroyed the target either gets healed or damaged.
Now there is something more. The owner of the hero can activate one of the spheres to accumulate either a healing or damaging energy (Which the target doesn't know which one is which. By activating a damage energy on the pain sphere the target may be convinced that it's the healing sphere and destroys it and thus receives more damage. or the hero can activate the healing sphere so the target who is familiar with the spell tries to destroy the other one and gets damaged.

Even more to spell is:
The player controlling the hero can start attacking the spheres he's just made and confuse the opponent that which one is damage sphere.

Ok that's all.
Here is my final entry hope I'm not late

Edit: There's a special note about some conflicts that you may encounter. Those conflicts are not bug they're just the side effects of having no time to arrange everything. It's explained in the map in a special note.

My entry won't win, if it is qualified at all! But I love being a part of this contest.

Attachments

• Trick Haunting (The Entry) by Loner-Magixxar.w3x
    49.7 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
To be blunt I do not care if you made the submission while dancing and signing hallelujah with your body on fire and a bomb ticking under your bed meanwhile SWAT and FBI is knocking on your door. It's not even relevant.

Since Ralle is from my timezone, Hive's server time is equal to mine - which means you were too late. However I doubt the judges are evil enough to be that strict so you will likely make it since the date was changed to the 7th, so there is no issue I suppose. After all it was merely 22 minutes.

edit:
Your submission post time above your avatar said:
post_old.gif
Today, 12:22 AM

edit2: Wow I really managed to be a bitch in this post. Hooray.

Level 18
Entry

Description
Sends forth a flaming hot dragon towards target point. Once it lands, it transform into an arrow that sits silently. After 5 seconds, the arrow mysteriously bursts into flames, igniting all foes within 300 AoE in fire.

Level 1 - 25 damage every 2 seconds for 10 seconds.
Level 2 - 50 damage every 2 seconds for 20 seconds.
Level 3 - 75 damage every 2 seconds for 30 seconds.
Credits

Alima and Daffa the Mage - IsDestTree
Bribe - UnitIndexer
Magtheridon96 - GUI AutoFly
TheWitcher - Cam System
Maker - ArcingFloatingText
leonguyen112 - Custom Projectiles

Attachments

• Ghosthunter123_Flame Trick.w3x
    109.9 KB · Views: 141
  • Flame Trick.jpg
    Flame Trick.jpg