• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Weekend Mapping Madness #3 - Poll

Vote for your favorite Weekend Mapping Madness #3 entry!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Now that the poll has officially closed, is it ok to move to the map development forum, or would you prefer for me to wait until the judgements are posted? I don't mind waiting, just wanted to make sure it was ok with everyone before I did so :)

Can we upload our maps to the Map Section now that the poll is closed? :xxd:

^These.

Level 11
You could've published your entries to the maps section even before the poll ;)
So yeah, go ahead or w/e. Don't forget your entries need to respect the full set of map submission rules however.

Cool, I'll move to map development later this afternoon :)

I don't know if doing so before the poll would have been fair though. People would then be voting for your map based on the newer iterations of your contest submission rather than the contest entry map itself. Plus you'd likely be getting more publicity on your map influencing the vote more.

EDIT* unless you mean uploading the entry and not update it*

Level 25
Haven't had any time to make progress today and I don't know how much time I'll have in the next few days. (kicking myself for not having finished it on the weekend)

I'd hate to turn what should have been a week long wait into another multi-month odyssey (as we've had in the past) so perhaps you should go with just Ardenian's judging? Maybe a quick vote among the contestants to decide.

Level 25
~20% left in terms of replaying and formulating my opinions, ~50% left for the write-up. Based on the judging on the last contest I really thought I would be able to get this done quickly, but in between work and health issues I've been struggling to find a solid few hours of concentration to sit down and get it done.

I'll be busy with work the rest of the week, and the weekend has plans made long in advance with no room left. So realistically the ETA on my results would be early next week.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Ruler is still busy with his real-life stuff, as far as I know.

There is still the option to make the contest results only dependent on my and the poll votes, but I strongly advise not to do so.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Ruler is still busy with his real-life stuff, as far as I know.

There is still the option to make the contest results only dependent on my and the poll votes, but I strongly advise not to do so.

Would've been nice if he himself contacted us, he was online in the last days, he could've written a short "still too busy" at least. Not blaming you, of course, and I get your point about adding a second opinion. Always at least 4 eyes.

There is also another option: Adding a new judge who DOES have the time to judge.

Status
Not open for further replies.