• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Contest #24 - Diablo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 35
One of my favorite diablo characters is the greater mummy, but hardly I can find a suitable model (tall and thin, to maintain its aspect)

The blood elf worker is kinda tall and thin.. :grin:

Well don't really want to double post. So here is Decard of the Claw - Besides his model being awful, it is actually a workable Cain. Enjoy this wip. I have problem with him though. Why is it, that the inside of his lion cloth becomes team colored?? I haven't made it like that. (Edit: Maybe it could be from the bear blp?). Oh and yea, he will turn into a very invisible bear.

131841-albums1229-picture106440.jpg

He does look surprisingly sad though.

Last edited:
Level 25
Ye guys know me as that guy who never finishes things, right? Yep, that's it I haven't continued my fallen since...the satyr model got a tail...and it's annoying. So now I found the gnoll model, and suddenly got reminded of Azmodan's minions from HotS that look a lot like them. So yeah, started another concept...tryin' to put some stuff whatever. I'm not sure if I'm gonna finish it but...yeah.

Azmodan%27s_Demonic_Invasion.jpg

Attachments

• diablodemon.png
    diablodemon.png
    96.6 KB · Views: 206
The blood elf worker is kinda tall and thin.. :grin:

Well don't really want to double post. So here is Decard of the Claw - Besides his model being awful, it is actually a workable Cain. Enjoy this wip. I have problem with him though. Why is it, that the inside of his lion cloth becomes team colored?? I haven't made it like that. (Edit: Maybe it could be from the bear blp?). Oh and yea, he will turn into a very invisible bear.

131841-albums1229-picture106440.jpg

He does look surprisingly sad though.

Once again you prove that experimenting with all sorts can be a worthy feat sometimes :p
Keep it up.

Ye guys know me as that guy who never finishes things, right? Yep, that's it I haven't continued my fallen since...the satyr model got a tail...and it's annoying. So now I found the gnoll model, and suddenly got reminded of Azmodan's minions from HotS that look a lot like them. So yeah, started another concept...tryin' to put some stuff whatever. I'm not sure if I'm gonna finish it but...yeah.

Azmodan%27s_Demonic_Invasion.jpg

Hey there. It's been awhile since I've seen you posting around.
Please do hang around and try to work on it whenever you have time.

Level 18
Sorry 'bout late reply. Pretty cool.
For the hands you could try making battle gloves. That way it might take away that odd factor from it.

I was planning to.
But I guess I should've picked a character from the game I've played for approximately two hours instead,
maybe so I could've got at least a little bit of appreciation and attention.

Nobody would've had any use for the texture anyway.

Level 35
Tomorrow is a contest day as well up 'till 10 PM GMT.

Since nobody said anything in awhile, I'll ask. Do you guys need an extension?
If so, would ten days suffice for the extension?

Well, I will have time to finish something. I won't have time to finish the funny idea I had. But I would also like to have some more people in. How many have finished or can finish tomorrow?

Level 35
Here's the list. The bolded ones are finished entries.

So four people. five if I include myself. Well one thing I could wish for is for a day or 2's extension (wouldn't personally need any more than that), mostly due to it being my sisters birthday tomorrow, so my time schedule might be a bit wonky (hence why I can finish something, but not everything planned).

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

Apheraz Lucent said:
I've also did a nod to chrome's preview images :razz:

chrome is awesome indeed :grin:

you guys entry are super!

Level 35
Dunno. We'll see.
I guess I can fix some problems I'm seeing now, but I hate working on it. Whenever I start painting this, it's because I entered the contest, not cuz I want to :cgrin:

Yea, that mountain giant wrap is horrible to work with. So you got :thumbs_up: quite far with it. Also edit coming soon with entry & WIP.

EDIT: WIP 1
131841-albums1229-picture106839.jpg

EDIT 2: WIP 2
131841-albums1229-picture106877.jpg

EDIT EDIT: Family thing is likely to take longer than expected, so just picture of WIP for now - hope that is okay. Will have the final up, before today ends.

Last edited:
Level 18
Yea, that mountain giant wrap is horrible to work with. So you got :thumbs_up: quite far with it. Also edit coming soon with entry & WIP.

EDIT: WIP
131841-albums1229-picture106839.jpg

EDIT EDIT: Family thing is likely to take longer than expected, so just picture of WIP for now - hope that is okay. Will have the final up, before today ends.

Cain with moustache? Its make me remember about Nigel thornberry. Spooky Nigel face

Level 35
Final Entry - RED-BARON

Project: Decard Cain - Model: Warlock Guldan

I present - Decard Cain, of the older hood wearing variety
Decard-Show-Anim.jpg

Find it on Hive

Closeup on the Feet:
FeetCloseUp.jpg

Showcasing the book and the bag:
BookBagCloseUp.jpg

The skin path: units\Orc\OrcWarlockGuldan\OrcWarlockGuldan.blp

OrcWDecard%20%20Texture%20Show.jpg

Size: 256x256 - Uncompressed - If I compress it to be slightly pixilated, I can get it down to a size about 67 KB.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Diablo3_DeckardCain_ConceptArt.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Credits:
Blizzard for the model & inspiration
Just_Spectating for leading me to my final unit choice

Attachments

• OrcWDecard - With Cloth.blp
    95 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

nice hive border red_Baron. remind me of the one that i made :grin:

and you guys did an awesome work too! cool stuff!

Sword done. If you saw the texture you'd think "That's one sexy sword". Well, it's not, especially not with this wrap. Not like it's gonna be very visible with all the fel energy farts his sword has anyway.
Do try to finish it in time. Alright? :)
Made two versions, as I couldn't decide which was best. One with front cloth and one without it. (Might prefer cloth)
The one with the cloth piece looks more appropriate for Deckard Cain.
'gratz for the job well done.
Surprisingly enough, that moustache did the trick. Wonders I say.
You could dabble with the hue more though.
My final entry.

Excellorz. Make more.

Holy shit, I'm almost done with the face! I thought I would've never gotten that part right. All that is left is the back and the wings maybe (still not sure if I'm doing those). Some parts like the palms and shoulders need to be remade though. 1 hour and 20 mins to the deadline... :/ Is it a problem if I post my entry within ~1 hour after the deadline? I don't think I can make it.

Holy shit, I'm almost done with the face! I thought I would've never gotten that part right. All that is left is the back and the wings maybe (still not sure if I'm doing those). Some parts like the palms and shoulders need to be remade though. 1 hour and 20 mins to the deadline... :/ Is it a problem if I post my entry within ~1 hour after the deadline? I don't think I can make it.

I don't mind that. Just be sure to submit it today, it'd be a shame not see this finished.

We end in about 2.2 hours, right?

4.2 hours. It's set for GMT.

Status
Not open for further replies.