• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Contest #23 Poll

Which entry is your favorite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
160036-albums4747-picture59500.png

texturing.png
contest.png

number.png
2.png
3.png
poll.png

f6cb5612dfce6c05a865b3c7a1d4b959.jpg

Dark Entities/Revenants
Contestants are to create a creature of darkness, be it a void walker, shadow elemental, skeleton, risen dead, revenant or a necromancer, as long as it is obviously shadowy and dark.

Welcome to the poll for Texturing Contest #23: Dark Entities/Revenants! Please read through the rules before voting!

contest%20rules%20and%20conditions.png

• Each user can only vote once in the poll. (remove this for a multiple choice poll)
  • You cannot vote for yourself. If a voter has the same IP as the author then the vote will not be counted and it may result in the disqualification of the entry.
  • You cannot create multiple accounts to vote for an entry in the poll. If a voter has been found to be using multiple accounts none of the voters votes will count in the final result.
  • You cannot bribe users for votes. Contestants who break this rule will be disqualified and given negative reputation.
prizes.png

• First Place: 40 reputation points and your entry on the award icon
  • Second Place: 25 reputation points and an award icon
  • Third Place: 10 reputation points and an award icon
  • Each judge will receive 5 reputation points.

entries.png
judges.png

contest%20judging.png

Shading
Does the unit fit into the WCIII lighting environment? Is the source of light consistent? Does the unit have a realistic 3D shape enhanced by the shading? Is each individual part shaded according to the material?/30%

Concept
Does the design of the unit suit the model it is wrapped on? Has the author come up with creative ways to change parts of the model into something new? Does the unit fit into the style of WCIII?/40%

Details
Does the unit appear blurry and bland in-game? Are the details appropriate and realistically placed? Are the materials in use easily recognized?/30%
  • 75 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
  • 25 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.

disclaimer.png
Inviting your friends to vote for you, bribing random members with rep and otherwise cheating with the VB poll system will get you DISQUALIFIED, BANNED from future contests, -REPPED, and possibly INFRACTED. So don't do it!

This includes, but is not limited to, sending PMs out to various users, getting other people to send those PMs, advertising this contest on other sites with the intention to gain more votes (whether it is explicitly stated or not), and so on. If you are suspected of cheating, the staff will notify you and interrogate you (hopefully) over PMs. <3

Special thanks goes to Heinvers.

Last edited:
Level 30
Started to judge this and ran into a little problem. Is it just me or the judging criterias are kinda... missing something? If I was to judge an entry by the specifics, the entry would score 90. Realistically, it's for 60.

Where's "Technical Note" or such to allow us talk about skin itself and how it all looks actually?

edit: nvm, it never was there O.O odd
I'll have to work around then

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Personally, I was most impressed with Morbent's & Chr2's... Chr2's for his excellent warcrafty in-game style, and Morbent for the sheer technical artistry.

Now normally I'd vote for the former (being a warcraft-style junkie), but I've given thought to this (kind of) Contest & thought this kind of thing should really be more about the artistry, in particular.

So in my totally-subjective, probably-likely-to-change opinion, I went for Morbent. (though now, seeing how few votes Chr2 has, I'm wondering if I should've helped him out... *sigh*).

Well, good job all & congrats in advance to the winner. : )

Level 28
Wuuuuuts I totally forgot about this! Only 1 vote?! Damn, I understand why (only 4 participants) but this is really hard to pick! All three are amazing! My favourite is chr2's, designwise, but -Grendel did a better job presenting his idea, his is the most professionally looking currently, I'd say... and ~Nightmare's ornamenting is simply amazing, those motives in the capes... !?
?!
Can't really choose... I felt as if there were more entries though, that all? Hmm.. I must have missed something.

Status
Not open for further replies.