• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #16 - Poll

Who is your winner of Terraining Contest #16?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
Heinvers clearly used his influence to get more votes.
211785-albums5481-picture68893.gif

Somebody kick his butt out of the poll.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Ohai guys. The poll is closed.

This means you will now flood this thread with relentless questions about when the results will be up. Normally I would explain that I can't publish the results before the judging from Gilles and Keiji is handed in, but since that usually doesn't stick I have to go off script here.

So for good measure, here is an answer for those dark times that await:

"WHEN THEY FUCKING DO!"

Thank you. <3

Level 31
:eek: three people in 2nd would be funny ^_^~
It is just a poll, 25% infuence even though it could be narrowed to 20% in my opinion.

How these 25% will be spread? Is it going to involve some kind of mathematical model and points will be given by the percent with respect to the amount of votes? Or only for taken place will be given a certain amount of points with no calculus?

Level 31
Yeah and it should be multiplied with 25% coefficient 15.
15 x (number of votes for specific work) / (total number of votes)

With this method poll's influence in this situation of being 4 leaders will be so low. Heinvers getting 3.4 and other three 2.7 pts if this method is chosen. Really low influence, but just.

Last edited:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Last icon (was it?) contest I ended up forgetting to vote. =( Couldn't let that happen again! but guess I did ='(

Edge45: The statues and waterfalls do give it a lot of life. The sight is just marvelous. I know in Warcraft III it's probably impossible, but that rising sun could have been an excuse to make an interesting lighting effect.

APproject: Epic. Something about it passes a cartoonish feeling though? The lightning, perhaps. It's a shame if you found limitations to make the building look properly illuminated by the thunder ray though.
The other thing I like about it is that it reminds me of the last scene of Harry Potter and the Chambers of Secrets overviewing Hogwarts at night in a very identical perspective.

Chen: Interesting, the intense blue sky is definitely the most likable about this. The fortress, which was the main element for this contest, could use a lot more love: you combined the human barracks towers with another model of clearly distinct architectural styles. The result is it looks a tad awkward. The rocks to the right also look like something random to fill up the rest of the scene.

fladdermasken: The cathedral looks gorgeous, of course. Despite the whee waterfall with crystal shiny water being the most notable aspect of the picture, what left me most interested was that opening between the trees. Is it a lake or a plateau? I think I see some stairs to get there? If yes, then that's pretty interesting!

Forsaken: Woah, is that a dragon or wyvern statue sorta thing?^^ Looks cool. It's a pity for the rest, though: although the sky is also pretty, the primary element, the fort itself, looks too monotonous if we take out the statue and in front of the entrance it looks a tad unreal and empty, in spite of the resemblances to some Neverwinter Nights 1 scenarios I came across (not necessarily a good thing, as the regions surrounding Port Llast were a bit poorly terrained).

I lack the time to go through the rest of them. In quick summary: points to MasterTrainer, not my favorite, but earns a few for the originality; median, for a very interesting scene, and Heinvers!

I vote (or not) for Edge45 as the voters are clearly lacking love for his submission.

Level 34
Going to try and get to this tonight. Unfortunately I am getting my new video card today, so I'll definitely be gaming a lot.

Until now, the result is not yet announced. Why is it taking too long?

We're waiting for the other judgement to be passed to fladdermasken and the results posted.

I'm thinking about joining one of these terraining contests one day, but looking at these submissions scares the hell out of me. xD
Maybe doing one of these contests will help me stop some of my lazy habits by making an awesome entry?

Yeah, well why not throw some suggestions/ideas here?

Level 34
You reckon corrrect.

I want to apologize to the community and especially those that participated in this contest. I had promised to get my judging done by Chirstmas and I failed. While I am busy these days, it was completely selfish for me to choose what I felt like doing over what I had committed to doing for you guys. Please forgive my selfish tardiness, and I will do better next time.

Thanks guys.

Note: Numbers are in, but I have yet to do a write up explaining them. That will be done soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.