• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #16 - Castles/Cathedrals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
*tired*

hlByhuq.jpg

added rocks, the wall, waterfall, and things there that you can see

Level 14
Okay so i think i need to remove improve the tower . Anyway , thanks Edge.

-Added New Building ,i guess it's a library , i dont know ...
-Removed the lilypads :D
-Added few details... and etc.... fixed the omnilight bugs.

226575-albums7453-picture88522.jpg

Here's what I think. The new building is the best thing out of the whole terrain. You want to know why? It's simple and looks like something an architect would actually make. There's not a lot of unnecessary additions and it has sleek lines, and it also doesn't have a bitch ton of ugly windows clogging up it's facade, ya' catch my drift?

Here's what I think. The new building is the best thing out of the whole terrain. You want to know why? It's simple and looks like something an architect would actually make. There's not a lot of unnecessary additions and it has sleek lines, and it also doesn't have a bitch ton of ugly windows clogging up it's facade, ya' catch my drift?

Yah mane , thanks for the tip...

@Stryderzero why did you remove the lily pads? :(
They deserve that... :) I will replace them with "real texture" lilypads (The one from B2M pack)

More like a lack of contrast. Gray, grey and gray is a tad boring.
Awh yes.. :(

Now the water needs eye candy. And now that you removed the ground, that part needs more eyecandy as well. The new buildings look nice though.
I think those light reflections look more "eye candy" than placing water details/lilypads... :]

226575-albums7453-picture88529.jpg

Level 7
There is so much progress going on. I especially liked edge45's waterfall. Stryder is working so fast, I hope u come up with multiple ideas. Splub, I am hoping a very visual castle from you. Other than that, we need more WIPs :)

Level 34
^ This.

I'm really impressed with the cathedral though, it definitely has some specific cathedral architecture.

Level 34
I doubt I'll have time to make anything (besides I'm too old school for all your newer lighting techniques). Count me in to judge.

Of course. This isn't The Picture.

Also this camera angle is pretty sweet. You'll have little space for a castle/cathedral though. Are you cropping your images? Because I seriously doubt your monitor is that small.

He might have his interface in the WE to the left at a rather moderate size to consume some space.

@Edge, looks good still. Though as mentioned space is reduced, but I think the castle can make up in the near background.

Level 49
PHdj2kO.jpg

Is the changing of the camera view okay?, I got some plans on this view
and ignore the sky and those other objects that are scattered, kinda forgot to
move them

Looking really good. With incredible lighting and sky effects this could look absolutely fantastic. Not a fan of the default WC3 statue - I suggest looking at XGM for a better model.

Level 36
Or even the shieldless one, though I suspect both doesn't look good when stretched to
that size. The shieldless one, however, works well at a small scale.

I kind of think he meant in general, as does it look good compared to the other one.
I'd say yes, pretty nice. Although as fladdy said, you might want to pull it back a little,
to get more of the terrain into perspective.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Say, are submissions made in SC2 allowed?
Sorry. The judging is almost entirely based on the terrain being done in the WarCraft III world editor. It would be like playing tennis with the net down. If you feel like it, though, make a submission for the hell of it. The judges could ― if they feel like it ― review it for fun and inspiration. But it would not strictly be competing against other entries.

Level 4
A decent reason. I might still consider making a terrain when I've got some more time.

Level 4
A decent attitude. Also, if you feel like it, try doing a terrain in WarCraft III. Just as a point of reference.

I used to use the Warcraft III editor (I'd rather not post the stuff I've done. Looking back on it, a lot of it is really quite cringe worthy), but switched to the SC2 one when I got in the beta. Honestly, I doubt I could really come back to Wc3. Sure, there are tons of custom models for practically everything imaginable at this point, but all the strange tricks and such one would need to learn to make something look good are a bit of an entry barrier. So many of the effects are just built into SC2's engine by default.

That said, I'm consistently amazed at what a lot of you keep making with the Wc3 engine. I doubt anyone ever expected anything made in this engine to look half as good as many terrains posted here.

Level 36
That said, I'm consistently amazed at what a lot of you keep making with the Wc3 engine. I doubt anyone ever expected anything made in this engine to look half as good as many terrains posted here.

Don't make me cry.

But yeah, as fladder said, for you to submit a Sc2 terrain, we'd have to host a sc2
terraining contest. We don't specify the fact that this is a "Wc3" contest because
this is a Wc3 forum, and because there's hardly any users on this site using the
Galaxy Editor for terraining. Although, if we can at some point amass a decent
amount of Sc2 terrainers, we might just consider throwing you guys a party :p

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

The word cardinal pretty much explains it. It will be a castle an this is just the central/main tower which has several lower levels. you'll see what I'm going for when I get further in. As for now, I'm fairly happy with it ^^.

EDIT: Does the Mighty Alpha Tile count as an import?

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

That WiP looks good, though higher quality walls could help. Dark metal perhaps?

The whole idea of it is to use the default/vanilla resources which although not that HQ can look good when used right.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

I see where this is going :>

I've planned it in such a way that I may or may not need stormsphere.mdx. Thing is, I need at least Glow and MAT to make it work.

Level 24

Also this camera angle is pretty sweet. You'll have little space for a castle/cathedral though. Are you cropping your images? Because I seriously doubt your monitor is that small.

my monitor is the size of a laptop, - the tools template of WE, well, its how it gets its small screen. (thanks aswell)

Other comments (include top)

Well, gonna try to search XGM for statues
my idea of this castle is its waterfalls and structures with them
and another idea is its Sunrise which I'm gonna work with,
the way I look at it, perphaps and maybe the view or cam angle is ok for me

@Forsaken: nice, that black door entrance show much of the glows you put, and nice statue :)

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

There's a very neat statue pack at XGM, here's a link

Status
Not open for further replies.