• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Contest Topic Selection Poll

Which topic shall we choose for the next contest?

• Steampunk

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Adventuring

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Vikings of Badassery

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Mythology

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Spirituality

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Necromancy

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Beings of Raw Energy

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Demotion

Votes: 4 12.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
Whehey boys and girls, we're planning a new contest now that the other one is officially over. We need a topic and we had a suggestion thread a while back.

Now, we got a poll, so you can vote for the one you like best. The option with the most votes will be the new topic for the next contest. So, happy voting folks.

Steampunk
Victorian era machinery, steam powered, utilized in the ascension of man. How will this be like? Will it be robotics? Will it be a vehicle? Will it be a robotic vehicle? Is it perhaps a backpack of beautiful machinery that enables one to amass the powers of the void or do you have another unique idea you find interesting? Experiment, have fun and present your own unique interpretation.

Adventuring
Basically, a model depicting adventures of old. By limiting it to old, we will rid outselves of shitloads of skyrim clones. It just has to look like someone who's out there to adventure, not to fight a war or something - traveler gear, backpacks, maps, compasses, whatever. He could still be a knight or something, or wear armor, but it needs to be obvious that the person is not a soldier, but an adventurer

Vikings of Badassery
Basically look up old viking tales and personify the leading character. There's shitload of hilariously overpowered vikings in iclandic tales and in swedish, danish and norweigan ones. In contrast to adventuring, this is viking tales where guy is an overpowered viking. Or well, overpowered warrior in general at the very least. Oh and please note, do not make skyrim clones for this topic either, please.

Mythology
Basically mythological creatures or re-imaginations of them, these refers to the living ones though. As far as I understood it anyhow.

Spirituality
What is this? You may ask, think mythological creatures that can only be located by the dead. Angels, Devils, Ghosts, Reapers, that sort of thing. There's many more, since we are not limiting ourselves to just creatures inspired by christianity. There's plenty more religions out there. Plenty of fun to look for. Plenty of creatures.

Necromancy
Rather self explanatory, creatures raised to undeath.

Beings of Raw Energy.
Elementals, Archons, ect.

Demotion
To demote a creature or a hero into a lower form. For example, Magtheridon gets demoted into a lesser demon, for example. It's the opposite of the hero promotion thread, just that we don't limit ourselves to just heroes..

Last edited:
looking at ideas

Steampunk - a dwemer construct

Adventurer - an adventurer with an arrow in the knee

Vikings of Badassery - a Nord with an ugly iron helmet with horns and googles, and with a 4 sided mace in the hand

Mythology - a daedric prince

Spirituality - Durnehviir

Undead - draugr

Beings of raw energy - an atronach

Demotion - I can't think of anything, maybe just an arab boy, reference pics are all over in avatars on hive

Level 36
Far as my understanding goes, this part is for posting official contests, results and polls
in regards to contests. While "Theme Discussion" threads is normally posted in "Contest
Submission." Be them polls or otherwise. So, following that logic, it's in the wrong section.

This is your show, though, so I won't press the matter, not that it matters much anyway.

Last edited:
Level 26
so.. are we actually starting a steampunk contest? o_O

Guess so. You'll be starting up the contest, Misha. ;D

Don't really know how to stop the poll though. I set it to infinite because I assumed I'd be able to stop it myself, later, at a date of my own choosing. But apparently not. We should prob. contact Ralle about this, though, right? Our inability to edit settings of polls, as in displaying/hiding names and ending it when we feel satisfied rather than calculating a date in advance.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Lol, wrong forum?... *sigh* I totally missed this thread. (then again, I was enmeshed in finals, so probably a good thing...)

I too think a Multi-vote poll would've been much better; I liked several of the ideas here (though granted, I'm not a modeller, so my opinion might not mean as much :p). However, yeah, MiniMage, the issues with Polls are pretty nasty; not very much ability to edit them after the fact. This is part of why we had that special "2-vote" poll for the last Modelling Contest (and it still had issues).

Voted for Demotion, since I originally came up with "Promotion" and feel it really benefits me personally & the site as a whole. :p Would've voted for Steampunk, Adventuring, Mythology, and Beings of Raw Energy as well, though.

~~~

And yes, I know this has already started. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.