• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Contest 17 - Air Units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
the%20hive%20workshop.png

modeling.png
contest.png
number.png
1.png
7.png

Harvey+Birdman.jpg

Contest Theme: Air Units

Contestants are to create an air unit. A model that is primarily used to fly. Be creative and have fun

contest%20rules%20and%20conditions.png

1. No submission may violate any Hive Workshop site rules.
  2. You must post at least 1 WIP preview before the deadline.
  3. You may make as many models as you want, however pick only one for the final judge's evaluation.
  4. To qualify for entry, you must post your model(s) in .mdx format, and an in-game screenshot of the model.
  5. You must post your entry before the deadline expires and attach it to a post.
  6. You must make the model for this competition, which means that you cannot use old works.
  7. Your model must have these minimum animations:
    • Stand
    • Attack
    • Death
    • Walk

prizes.png

• First Place: 50 reputation points and your entry on an award icon.
  • Second Place: 35 reputation points and an award icon
  • Third Place: 20 reputation points and an award icon

contest%20judging%20and%20voting.png

• 60 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
    • Score shall be taken out of 50 points,
      • 15 points for mesh (verticies and faces)
      • 10 points for animations (or how well Blizzard animations have been used)
      • 10 points for skin (or how well Blizzard skins have been used)
      • 5 points for mechanics (how well does this model work ingame)
      • 5 points for effects (appropriate use of particles, particle saturation, etc.)
      • 5 points for creativity.
  • 40 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.
  • Final Score = (Judge's Score)*0.6 + (votes/(total votes))*40 = (score)/100

contest%20dates%20and%20deadline.png

All submissions must be complete and submitted 5 weeks after the contest is started.
The contest shall begin on Monday, 28th June and conclude on Wednsday, 4th August, 11:59 PM, 2010 GMT

judges.png

Tell us if you want to judge!

1. Devine
2. Mr. Bob

entries.png

I will list the participants here as they enter

1. Supa-
2. HappyCockroach
3. tee.dubs
4. Pyramidhe@d
5. Fan
6. DonDustin
7. Chilla_Killa
8. Forgotten Warlord
9. Yayoi
10. MassiveMaster
11. ikillforeyou
12. Pyritie

Last edited:
Level 26
Alright guys, A lot of people complained in the last contest that there were "too many rules"... the rules were there to point out the boundaries of the theme that you already knew were there. So to prevent crying and another shitstorm, this contest theme will remain Open-ended. free to interpretation. So use some common sense, use google for all i care. But just remember that if your "air unit" is not technically an "air unit" then it might be disqualified by the judges and there goes all your hard work.

all i have to say now is good luck and have fun. LET THE CONTEST BEGIN

Level 26
ok, we are fucked, fingolfin entered D:

and crazed seal... as you can clearly and easily read above, the contest theme is AIR UNITS and is otherwise free to interpretation....

/me gets out the crayon and paper

that means that it can be biological, or mechanical, it can morph, it can do a little dance, i don't really care. But it has to be an AIR UNIT, a model that can FLY through the air. Im not exactly sure what you mean by "virus". A virus is a microscopic organism that infects other biological units... im not sure how the fuck we are going to SEE this thing if it's that small. Or do you mean a computer virus... i dont even know how you would model that.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Perhaps you should state in the text under the image that it can be organic and it can morph, so that people with the same doubts won't ask again.
People, please keep the thread clean. Avoid unnecessary/noncontributory messages.
~Thread cleaned

Level 31
I would like to enter, but after the last contest I'm a bit dismotivated because I will become last anyway.

Whatever, it's the participation that counts, not the final scoring ^^
Now I just need a creative idea.

I think I will do something Modern/Futuristic/Fallout 3 styled air unit.
But maybe also something for my Zelda map I revived the last days :D

Oh wait, must it be organic or can it be a kind of robot/drone, too??

Good Luck to everyone!

Level 11
I'd enter if I knew how to animate. Or at least transfer animations. But since I can't, can I be a judge by an chance?

Also, good luck to all the participants :D

Level 26
Wanna know how I got these scars? My father was....a drinker. And a fiend.
And one night he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself. He doesn't like that.
Not. One. Bit.
So, me watching, he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it. Turns to me and he says "Why so serious?"
Comes at me with the knife,"Why so serious?" He sticks the blade in my mouth. "Lets put a smile on that face!"
And..... Why so serious?

(will improve the proportions of the face later)

Attachments

• WhySoSrs.JPG
    WhySoSrs.JPG
    8.4 KB · Views: 180
Level 2
I loves your signature pictures :D

Aaaaanyways... I hope to see lots of GREAT models come out of this... if i had any rep i would plus rep you all because im so nice ^^

Rui

Rui

Level 41
well, here is a little WIP, so you know in what directon I will go :)

attachment.php
Is he supposed to be a bartender Bronze Dragon or a Crazy Ivan Bronze Dragon? I think Pyritie won't like this either way. :p

i decided to change my flying ship to a more dwarven style instead of human, heres a wip

View attachment 84535

still working on the cannons
I didn't reply to your WIP earlier, but it still looks like a waterborne ship. You need to make it look like a flying machine somehow. How about adding one of those... hum... fans? I don't know their designation, but it's those things on the gnomish and dwarven Flying Machines and Gyrocopters that are always spinning.

SW337 7H3M3 8R0...

/me adds this to the countless terrible themes.
actually trax is the one who suggested we do warcraft units. and i thought anything dnd-ish could fit into wc so i suggested the dnd theme
Well, you can still make a Warcraft flying unit, can you not? I'd prefer if we made Warcraft units as well. Perhaps next modeling competition. The poll could actually be used for a few more modeling contests, instead of having a new one for every new edition.

ok here's an early whip, at the moment its very similar to the other model i made for the starcraft one... i'll work on that. Tell me if you think it's fantastic! Why am i saying 'if'... jokes, i don't have that kind of authority (yet).

View attachment 84560
it looks fantasticly horrible! :razz:

actually that's a pretty cool overlord dubs! green pit lord texture ftw!

Level 14
Wanna know how I got these scars? My father was....a drinker. And a fiend.
And one night he goes off crazier than usual. Mommy gets the kitchen knife to defend herself. He doesn't like that.
Not. One. Bit.
So, me watching, he takes the knife to her, laughing while he does it. Turns to me and he says "Why so serious?"
Comes at me with the knife,"Why so serious?" He sticks the blade in my mouth. "Lets put a smile on that face!"
And..... Why so serious?

(will improve the proportions of the face later)

that's wicked dude.. i'm waiting for your WIP :)

Status
Not open for further replies.