• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini-Mapping Contest #12 - Organisation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Actually I think Empirean has a concept that can work. If getting kills makes the creature more powerful over time and you have to "grow" it's strength through a series of events to destroy the enemy then I don't see why it wouldn't work. Or I'm just completely misunderstanding this contest.

It could definitely pass.
Remember that people were trying to get dungeon crawls into the farming contest because getting items = "farming".

Level 14
Here's the another WIP of my map.

234345-albums7856-picture102643.jpg

Most basic gameplay triggers for this game is set.
Now I need to deal with units and additional triggers to function each of the structures at each corner of the map.
WARNING SPOILER:
(Since they're invulnerable anyway)

Level 25
I also caught a glimpse of what you posted before, and I think you'd get a better score in the theme category if you dwelled more on the growth of structures instead of just units. Maybe growing and expanding a lair which possesses upgrades for the unit and how it interacts with the hero?

Level 10
I finally have an idea! The idea is that you compete with other players in capturing and collecting monsters from the wild to add to your exotic display of creatures at your zoo. You must tend to their environmental needs, hygienic needs and dietary needs to make them happy and make your visitors happy. During the length of the game you will gain and lose points based on actions that you do. For example if a creature dies, starves, breaks out & escapes or becomes unhappy you will lose points, if visitors are not impressed with your collection of creatures, you will also lose points. If you feed your creatures their favorite food, grow them larger, have happy visitors, capture creatures, expand the size of your zoo, you will gain points. At the end of the game, whoever has the most points will win.
EDIT: I will post WIPs tomorrow.

Last edited:
Level 10
I guess I just feel like I have a chance here? *gasp*

Anyway here is my WIP. I named the file Farmland Simulator but that may very well change. The goal is to become the best farmer in the region, your generated AI opponents will be shown in a multiboard in game.
dbaff2eeedc56800583c63ef85b3b45b.jpg

Majkowski already had that idea Chaosy. My first idea was competitive farm creation too but I saw that it was already taken.

Level 9
I will be going for a empire creation.. in which you choose sifferent races, the different races have strengths and differences.. what will jappen is that you will harvest, build and develop a nation, then destroy others with economy and military might...my ideas for now..

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Majkowski already had that idea Chaosy. My first idea was competitive farm creation too but I saw that it was already taken.

Maybe one should read through the thread before creating something then.
God damn even the name is the same -.- I am good with names though so that's no issue. It's not against the rules to make the same theme though it's not like there is one single lightning themed spell in the spell section. Or one Elven campaign in the map section.

From the little he has shown, it will not be very close to what I have in mind.

Yo bitch, you surprise me with that.
Seems that the terrain isn't on the Poo side but on the fine side for now.
Well done so far.

Yay :p
I will make it better though, roads do not go straight I will make it more realistic. More details such as scarecrows and other minor decoration objects, though I doubt one will notice that from a top-view.

For the sake of WIPs, here is a small trigger which random 5 farmer names in a multiboard.
JASS:
//! zinc

library HelloWorld
    {

multiboard mb;
		integer numberOfFarmers = 5;

function createBoard()
		{
			List myList = List.create();
			string names[];
			integer i, j, rng = 0;
			string temp;
			integer max = 9;
			mb = CreateMultiboard();
			MultiboardSetRowCount(mb, numberOfFarmers);
			MultiboardSetColumnCount(mb, 2);
			MultiboardSetTitleText(mb, "Farmer Progression");
			MultiboardSetItemsStyle(mb, true, false);
			MultiboardDisplay(mb, true);
			//----------------------------------------
			names[0] = "Farmer Joe";
			names[1] = "Farmer Bill";
			names[2] = "Farmer Nathan";
			names[3] = "Farmer Joey";
			names[4] = "Farmer Bond";
			names[5] = "Farmer Jim";
			names[6] = "Farmer Alice";
			names[7] = "Farmer Alexa";
			names[8] = "Farmer Christina";
			names[9] = "Farmer Ellie";
			i = 0;
			while(i < 10)
			{
				myList.add(i);
				i += 1;
			}
			i = 0;
			while(i < 5)
			{
				rng = GetRandomInt(0, max);
				temp = names[myList.values[rng]];
				myList.removeAt(rng);
				BJDebugMsg(temp);
				MultiboardSetItemWidthBJ(mb, 1, i, 10);
				MultiboardSetItemValueBJ(mb, 1, i, temp);
				max -= 1;
				i += 1;
			}

}

function onInit()
        {
			trigger t = CreateTrigger();
			TriggerRegisterTimerEventSingle(t, 0.00);
			TriggerAddAction(t, function createBoard);
        }
    }
//! endzinc
Result:
21bafbb0eeae5943eeea84c26b933444.png

Level 5
Maybe one should read through the thread before creating something then.
God damn even the name is the same -.- I am good with names though so that's no issue. It's not against the rules to make the same theme though it's not like there is one single lightning themed spell in the spell section. Or one Elven campaign in the map section.
I don't mind it at all, it is going to be interesting to have something similar! Hey, maybe I won't even finish it and then this whole idea will be only yours :grin: Because I don't acutally have much free time nowadays, I'm working on this map like half an hour a day..

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Nice to hear. I have been working quite a few hours on mine today to get the base gameplay down, I have not been successful though. My map is 100% (v)jass which I am not used to use in every aspect of mapmaking, so my pace is reduced. Though I have gotten some of the core mechanics finished, but they are not flashy enough to show a image of.

edit: Got some decent progress on how to plant the seeds now at least. I still got some work to do though.
1. Prevent seeds from spawning close to oneanother
2. Smaller regions where the seeds spawn, the field where you plant them are currently only divided into 4 parts, I intend to double that when I get my formula to generate them working :-/ [Done]

Last edited:
Level 11
Is ..is Gene simmons the mayor of doodleville??

Well, Tickles wins, can't beat a 2d stick figure gene simmons mayor.

I think I'll join, but don't hold me to it... did some work on mine last night. My concept is a planet colonization, where a planet with different environments is randomly generated each game.

Edit*

After some more thought, i think I'll allow you to configure some of the planet settings in single player.

Basically as far as the Planet Generation goes I'm thinking there will be different (~7) Base Planet Types each with different weather, vegetation, gatherable resources, craters, gravity, temperature, hostile creatures, Orbit (day/night length), Atmosphere Types (Oxygen,Nitrogen,Helium, etc). which will all make a seed. Just have to figure out how exactly I'm going to work all that in together.

Last edited:
Level 5
I think I'll join, but don't hold me to it... did some work on mine last night. My concept is a planet colonization, where a planet with different environments is randomly generated each game.
That sounds really cool, I hope you finish this.

Strangest map project I've ever worked on. Second WIP.
That is probably one of the most original warcraft maps I've ever seen, I'm really looking forward to play this.

Status
Not open for further replies.