• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Concept Art Contest #7 - Twisted Fate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roland

R

Roland

160036-albums4747-picture59500.png

concept%20art.png
contest.png
number.png
7.png

xMIUWlV.png

The Thing (1982) © John Carpenter

TWISTED FATE
The contestants are to draw/design a concept of a mutated human for a horror game/map, giving it a both obscure and terrifying/gruesome look.

contest%20rules%20and%20conditions.png

[Rules are "Strictly" applied here on this contest, Violators will be sanitized immediately.]

• NO submission may violate any of the Site Rules.
  • All submissions MUST follow the current theme. If any submission does not fit, the appointed moderator or contest's host will tell you as soon as possible as to avoid confusion. If you're not sure, ask up.
  • Your submission MUST be posted before the deadline. The post containing your final submission must also contain the following:
    • (REQUIRED) short description or lore, or character introduction.
    • Name of the drawing.
    • The file in the appropriate format (.PNG or .JPG (with first one having a lot more quality as a format itself)). You CAN NOT upload images outside of the Attachments function provided by this site, with the exceptions of following sites: Postimage.org, Cubeupload.com, Tinypic.com & Photobucket.com
  • You MUST show at least one unfinished preview of your submission, before the deadline, as proof that it’s yours (W.I.P - Work In Progress).
  • Your submission may not be started/made before the official launch of the contest. Art theft is NOT ALLOWED, and will result in DISQUALIFICATION and further sanitation. This also includes, but is not limited to, photo-manipulation, painting-over and tracing images.
  • Judges CAN NOT participate, but contest's host can either join the contest, judge or just be the host. Judges may, if they want, tag along and "pretend" that they're participating in order to sharpen their skills and get constructive criticism, but their entry will not be counted, even if the judge drops out.
  • Teamwork is NOT ALLOWED, but providing feedback to other contestants is strongly encouraged.
  • Make sure to state what is your entry. If you don't, the latest post will be regarded as it.
  • Background are allowed as long as they do not detract from the concept, and the concept should not depend on the background. Transparent backgrounds are also allowed.
  • Traditional & Digital Art is allowed; If this is Traditional Art, you must have a clear shot of your art (A scanner can be useful, but make sure your drawings must be smooth and clear, blurred ones must be edited to make it clear. You can also use the Sharpen filter to make it much more clear; Although, excessive sharpen filtering is not encouraged)

prizes.png

• 1st Place: 50 Reputation point(s) & An Award Icon.
  • 2nd Place: 30 Reputation point(s) & an Award Icon.
  • 3rd Place: 20 Reputation point(s) & an Award Icon.
  • Participation, Judges & Host: 5 Reputation point(s).
PARTICIPANTS
[Users can do their work late it's because the deadline of the contest has 4 Months active.]

1. Stein123
  2. Wisdom
  3. NightStalker06698
  4. BETABABY
  5. Windrunner29
  6. IdaeroAce
  7. Eubz
  8. -Grendel
  9. Hayate
  10. Naze
  11. Ginufe
  12. GreeN!x
  13. PEEKAY
  14. Devin
  15. Landmine
  16. Chucky
  17. ZethHolyblade
  18. The_Silent
FINAL ENTRIES
[This is the OFFICIAL entry of the contestants. This will be edited/updated once the contestants are Have finally submitted their entry (This will be the same as The Pretending participants.)]

1. Stein123's "The Man who touch the angels"
  2. Wisdom's "Dezmoz"
  3. Under Progress
  4. Under Progress
  5. Backed Off
  6. Eubz's "Moaning Black-hand"
  7. -Grendel's "Corpus Pestilentia"
  8. Under Progress
  9. Under Progress
  10. Naze's "Faceless Horrors"
  11. GreenN!x's "Experiment 1337"
  12. Under Progress
  13. PEEKAY's "Reverse Tetanus Infection"
  14. Devin's "General Cladius"
  15. Under Progress
  16. Under Progress
  17. ZethHolyBlade's "Kako Doll"
  18. Under Progress

Pretending Participants
[Those are judge(s)/hosts(s) who wants to be a participant in the contest. But it will NOT be qualified as an official entry.]

1. Roland's Wistrom Thing
  2. DEE-BOO's Hand Monstrosity v2
  3. Under Progress
  4. Under Progress
  5. Under Progress
  6. Under Progress

judges.png

1. The Panda
  2. DEE-BOO
  3. ~Nightmare
  4. Blood Raven
  5. Ardenian
  6. Deepstrasz
contest%20judging%20and%20voting.png

THEME
Does the artist take advantage of the theme, or is the vision unfitting?/15%

EXECUTION
Does the artist display the design in an effective manner, or is it hard to tell what is what? Are artistic techniques used effectively to make the character interesting, or does the style deteriorate the concept? Is the appearance of the design objectively pleasing, or is it of low quality?/20%

CONCEPT
Does the design offer a new creative approach, or is it generic and cliché? Does it have character, or is it just another boring design? Does the design make sense and fit the description, or is it necessary to read the title to understand?/40%

REALISM &
GORE
Does the design balance, or are the proportions impractical? Is the anatomy or construction correct, does it allow the character to move as it should, or is functionality disregarded entirely?/25%
TOTAL/100%
70 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
30 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.
=100% Total Score

contest%20dates%20and%20deadline.png
The contest shall begin on the 8th of November 2015 and conclude on the 1:00 AM, 25th of February 2016 8+ GMT - Greenwich Mean Time, Date is final, there's no more extension. [Changed deadline from March to February instead to avoid Slacking] COUNTDOWN TIMER: CLICK HERE

Contest Mod-in-Charge: Apheraz Lucent

Sponsors & Special Thanks - There's no need to blush.

Shar Dundred - For giving me the idea of "Twisted Fate" & It's Description
Apheraz Lucent - Helping me re-amend the rules (Many times)

Last edited by a moderator:

Roland

R

Roland

Here's a list of Line-ups of participant(s) once this contest gets approved:
1. Stein123
2. N/A
3. N/A
4. N/A
5. N/A

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Hm, I am not sure whether I will participate. The theme is quite creative though, if I have a good idea I will see.

Don't you think three judges is one too much ?

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Also:
80 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
35 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.
=115%

;)

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

i might try something. looks interesting

Roland

R

Roland

So are you guys gonna join? don't join first, Reply on the poll section.

Level 32
I think three judges is ideal for this type of contest because concept art rests on visuals, which is more subjective than say compared to rating triggers, balance, etc. The judges are more likely to differ in taste compared to other types of contests so finding a median would make it a bit more objective leading to "more fair."

And I think everything here is ship shape. Me wants approves.

There will be NO open sexual organs or internal organs will be shown in the painting/drawing, Make sure their bodies are closed but distorted or mutated. Due to sensitive reasons.
I say put a poll up :)

Last edited:

Roland

R

Roland

I think three judges is ideal for this type of contest because concept art rests on visuals which is more subjective than say, rating triggers, balance, etc. The judges are more likely to differ in taste compared to other types of contests so finding a median would make it a bit more objective leading to "more fair."

And I think everything here is ship shape. Me wants approves.

I say put a poll up :)

I did put up a poll~! Read the first title <m<

Roland

R

Roland

Contest has re-opened, waiting for approval, Hurry join my contest while it's not yet approved :D

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

will see if i able to actually draw something good.

EDIT : Is abomination with human male head will fit with the theme?

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 10
I am joining? (is this how you participate?)
EDIT: I think this part of the judging will be invailid lol.

Realism
Does the design balance, or are the proportions impractical? Is the anatomy or construction correct, does it allow the character to move as it should, or is functionality disregarded entirely?/25%

Roland

R

Roland

I don't know why is this still in pending section... I think it's late for this contest to get approved.. maybe it'll end on November -,-"
tumblr_lf7xnfejWC1qcox60.png

I think nobody likes to join more :( This contest needs support :'C

Roland

R

Roland

I've joined you both, But the problem is, the mods aren't approving this contest and I'm not sure when will start, I'm having problems with real life (o^e)

Roland

R

Roland

Cant you color using your crayons or colored pens/pencils? That'll help.

Roland

R

Roland

TOO LATE! >,<
The participation(s) limit are only 5 - Better luck next time D:>

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
I think it was decided that the judges receive only 5 rep points.
5 point could be granted for participation too(if u want).
Okay. Either way is fine with me, actually. It just seemed appropriate to give out more to judges because, generally, they're harder to track down than participants.

I won't overrule any user decisions unless they're absolute shit.

Roland

R

Roland

It's too late, I can't continue this at the end of Halloween (So as November) So I might find someone to take over this thread and delete this.

Roland

R

Roland

Look that contest would've been successful if there's some support and more additions of judges to make it challenging.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

This contest got more participants than many others and there are many people being qualified for being judges.

Status
Not open for further replies.