• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cinematic Contest #5 - Fantasy Weds Modern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
Already 3:35 minutes in. This time cinematic will be rapid and no boring pauses as it was in my previous works. Another shot below, text has been removed, so no spoilers.
h7hF9UV.png

Level 31
Looks HQ, Tickles. It also looks interesting, looking forward to it. Hive lacks HQ cinematics, hehe.

I am 5:36 minutes in with my work. Hope not to pass 10 minutes barrier, huh.. Screenie below, this is what happens when you fall into the trap of ancient Egyptian tomb.
WOqS9BH.png

Looks HQ, Tickles. It also looks interesting, looking forward to it. Hive lacks HQ cinematics, hehe.

I am 5:36 minutes in with my work. Hope not to pass 10 minutes barrier, huh.. Screenie below, this is what happens when you fall into the trap of ancient Egyptian tomb.
WOqS9BH.png

Nice image, but those skeleton's or whoever they are should not bleed. In the image they look very skeleton-ish.

Level 31
One week is left, hurry up, people. :)

I'm 9:18 minutes in and I still want to make one scene plus credit list. I wonder if I will make it to 10 minutes, I will try my best. Going to complete it soon.

Does crediting goes into the cinematic time?

EDIT: Done with the cinematic at 9:56 without credit display. Can I go like +30 seconds for credits only? I do not wish to skip it though.

The final entry should be uploaded in the map section or in this thread only?

Last edited:
Level 25
Done with the cinematic at 9:56 without credit display.
That is a looong cinematic :xxd: I'm glad you ended the drought of activity in this thread.

Can I go like +30 seconds for credits only? I do not wish to skip it though.
I was also wondering that. Mine isn't anywhere near that long, but nothing about credits or an intro screen being included in the length restriction was mentioned in the rules. It would be nice to know for future reference.

The final entry should be uploaded in the map section or in this thread only?
All other contests I've seen have only needed entries to be posted in the contest thread, so I'm pretty sure you just have to post it here.

Level 31
I could go twice longer if I was let to, because I have enough of content. But it appeared to be okay like this. My style is slow, steady, some terrain showcase to tell the message and it eats the whole time, hehe.

It would be cool not to include crediting into the length, looking forward to Pharaoh's reply.

So can we post it on map section when this contest is over?

Level 31
Completely done with my cinematic entry. 9:58 minutes of cinematic and total of 11:17 minutes with crediting. I hope crediting is not going to count as cinematic, sadly Pharaoh delay with his reply. Will upload it once this matter is solved. Cinematic's size is 49 MBs, 99 cameras, 5231 doodads, 69 custom sounds.

Anyone would be willing to test it? So flaws I missed could be spotted.

Completely done with my cinematic entry. 9:58 minutes of cinematic and total of 11:17 minutes with crediting. I hope crediting is not going to count as cinematic, sadly Pharaoh delay with his reply. Will upload it once this matter is solved. Cinematic's size is 49 MBs, 99 cameras, 5231 doodads, 69 custom sounds.

Anyone would be willing to test it? So flaws I missed could be spotted.

I could.

Level 31
Since Pharaoh delay with his reply and very little of time is left, I am posting my entry.

Cinematic is called Human Error, made by me. It is about a group of archaeologists who found a hidden secret tomb entrance beneath the sands of Egypt.

Length of cinematic itself is 9:58 without crediting part so technically it does not violate the rules. (10 minutes cinematic length restriction is very short in my opinion). Map's size is over 20 MBs so I can not attach it normally, so I put it into a .rar file.

I am willing to post it on map section when the results of the contests are out.

Should I post credits here or it is enough to be displayed in the end of the cinematic?

Wish you a good film. :)

Attachments

• Human Error.rar
    47.4 MB · Views: 361

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

It's great, but, for me, the textures of entrance gate and blood of those two guys that die in the pit of spikes, don't show.

I'm quite satisfied with your results APproject, tough one thing that bothered me were - animations. Choppy and laggy movement of animations, unrealistic animation speeds and drastically crazy facing speed was absolutely ridiculous. But on the other hand it was very interesting to watch and was well-made. Tough the egyptian setting is a little too overused.. You could have used Sumerian, egyptian setting is really un-original. In-fact, I already knew on what was about to happen at the first seconds of the film, that was the fault of "egyptian setting".

Level 31
Thanks, A Void. :) Not sure why exactly turning speed sticked to you though. Yeah, Egyptian setting is nothing new indeed, yet it is new to warcraft in my opinion, because I haven't seen any egyptian-like cinematic or even a map around Hive. No matter how cliche things are, it can be good as long as it is presented in a fresh and quality form. :) I know it is silly to make excuses, but I rushed with the content, because I was in fear that one month is not going to be enough to make more unique cinematic.

Level 25
Final Entry: The Passage

Description

Screenshots

Changelog

Credits

Cinematic Contest #5: The Passage
Logo.jpg

A young boy's imaginary friend guides the child to safety when the dark figure of "the bad man" appears.

Screenshot #1
SS1.jpg

Screenshot #2
SS2.jpg

Screenshot #3
SS3.jpg

My original submission for Cinematic Contest #5.

Thrikodius
Moon

Fingolfin
Birch

Carrington2k
Firefly

oGre_
Refuge in Ruins Model Pack

WindexIsBack
Lights & Modern Objects Pack

Ket.
Monk

Kofi_Banan
Train & Wagons

Sephiroth_VII
Half Circle Track

xXm0RpH3usXx
Church & Library Pack

robot-dude
Crate

Forgotten_Warlord
Empty Pot

Graber
255 Villager Animations

TeknoAXE
You Still Can't Dodge a Laser

tgcmsyk
Cave

Timbre
Ominous Drone

SoundEffectsFactory
Whoosh

esperri
Lamp Switch

lharman94
Squeaky Door Handle

mhtaylor67
Squeaky Bathroom Door

joedeshon
Sliding Door Closing

jorickhoofd
Close Door with Squeaky Hinges

Tickles
All Dialog Voices & Sound Editing

jaegrover
Dragonfly Wing Movement

geoneo0
Four Voices Whispering

jorickhoofd
Close Door with Squeaky Hinges

Attachments

• The Passage 1.0.w3x
    5.8 MB · Views: 339
Level 31
Good job, Tickles. Although camera work could be a little bit better, maybe because of tight areas you were forced to lock camera and change its direction with those sudden and rough changes. Personally voice was annoying at some point, because I could not follow without reading. Oh and I could not skip it. But overally it was great and it is truly a quality cinematic. For me crediting part was the most impressive though. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.