• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cinematic Contest #5 - Fantasy Weds Modern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Ola fellow Cinematographers,

As the former winner I'd be happy to give a whirl defending the title ^^. I still have a story that I like to film lying around that fits this rough theme called "Red Horizon".

Level 31
Picked Egypt based theme. Cinematic will be called Human Error. Not trying my best at the terrain because of how little of time is given, but it is okay I guess, it might change a bit. Having some fancy HQ text fade filters as well.

wkgMFkA.png

_PV

_PV

Level 7
APproject, you're not going to believe me, but my setting is fairly similar to yours :|
I mean, apart from the fact that yours is actually situated in Egypt, and mine could refer to any arid part of the world xD
I am going to hope the stories differ though :3

Level 13
I am mainly re-writting my old cinema script as of yet. I did however make a start with my vision of a scene that appears at the start of the cinematic for your viewing "pleasure"

2GMo1CV.jpg

Perhaps I am too vanilla (altough I will probably replace some old models) for all these new guys and galls with all those fancy models and lights. I feel so old skool, but we'll see ^^.

It'll be a issue if we aren't allowed to :p
Sounds can be imported and derive exclusively from sites with free sounds or open projects that share their content and allow the its use in non-advertising ways (in any case, you need to include them in the credits section). Music, you can use anything really.
Yay! I'll consider joining again. I found a good song and a theme.

Sounds can be imported and derive exclusively from sites with free sounds or open projects that share their content and allow the its use in non-advertising ways (in any case, you need to include them in the credits section). Music, you can use anything really.

Isn't music copyrighted too?

I think that all content ripped models, copyrighted music, copyrighted sounds can be used with Creative Commons license. So who ever put such a stupid rule about not able to use "ripped" models is just being inclusive and false-spreading.

With Creative Commons license you can use material that otherwise might be copyrighted. But you can't make any sort of payment using these materials nor advertising or re-distributing. Basically you have to use the content in non-commercial way.

_PV

_PV

Level 7
I am so mad at myself :S I am currently busy terraining the sets and so far I was brimming with inspiration, but it's like the terrain-work is demotivating me >_< I don't know why, but please tell me I am not the only one with this sort of problem :C

Level 31
I am so mad at myself :S I am currently busy terraining the sets and so far I was brimming with inspiration, but it's like the terrain-work is demotivating me >_< I don't know why, but please tell me I am not the only one with this sort of problem :C
That's Egypt, nothing complex, deserts mainly, that's why I picked this theme as well, because terrain would not require much time.

_PV

_PV

Level 7
Seriously though, If captains in the police or in the army looked like that, There'd be far less crime in the world.. I mean, I for one wouldn't go looking for trouble if I know that guy is waiting for me down town ;D

2 types of people in this world, I guess xD But we should probably keep this relevant to the thread :p

what do you mean? This will still be a modern-fantasy mix, just not particularly in our [modern] universe. It will be inspired by our universe generally.

Second WIP:

204280-albums7652-picture89647.png

_PV

_PV

Level 7
what do you mean? This will still be a modern-fantasy mix, just not particularly in our [modern] universe. It will be inspired by our universe generally.

Second WIP:

204280-albums7652-picture89647.png

Oh no I didn't refer to you at any point, I just mean I was starting to drift way off topic with my idea of how bad-ass shit would be if RL captains looked like the Warhammer one you're using xD Irrelevant, right? Don't mind me, really.

Oh and, If I may - a question.. How do you make your UI so awesome? :O
I'm also rather set back because I too had an idea to make my cinematic from a first person perspective D:

Oh no I didn't refer to you at any point, I just mean I was starting to drift way off topic with my idea of how bad-ass shit would be if RL captains looked like the Warhammer one you're using xD Irrelevant, right? Don't mind me, really.

Oh and, If I may - a question.. How do you make your UI so awesome? :O
I'm also rather set back because I too had an idea to make my cinematic from a first person perspective D:

Don't lose hope, I have requested to be a judge on this contest. I don't know if they will pick me or not. Nevertheless, don't give up. You have millions of free creative ideas to implement, just have fun.

The UI is a fade filter, nothing else there..

Those are not ripped. They were all created for Warcraft III, textures(Soldier textures, captain) on the other hand were ripped. :/

Every author of the resource will be put out at the end credits.

PS: Those soldier models are a remake of Warhammer ones, textures were ripped however and applied to the mesh itself.

As for the first person view you seem to be really tall there. :)

It's still a WIP. Isn't it?

_PV

_PV

Level 7
I just posted that cause I was busy checking out some sites for some models and such, and then I wondered if I was allowed to D:
Thought I'd warn anybody following the thread up until now :p

I just posted that cause I was busy checking out some sites for some models and such, and then I wondered if I was allowed to D:
Thought I'd warn anybody following the thread up until now :p

Yeah, It's a shame that you can't use ripped models. I would extract some high quality neat ones.

_PV

_PV

Level 7
Haha xD I am like a serial-plagiarist (in my unconscious state), it would seem xD
Like, my desert Idea is used by Aaproject, and Void already nailed the 1st-person camera D:

Guess I'll make a snowy plain with 3rd-person camera, then :p ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.