• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fullmoon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
A cold, blue themed terrain.

I still have the map, so any criticism is encouraged, since I can edit the pic.

EDITED VERSION:

I tried to fix the tile variation, the emptyness and the brightness.

But I still dont like the moon...

Attachments

• Fullmoon.jpg
    Fullmoon.jpg
    363.5 KB · Views: 212
  • Fullmoon EDITED.jpg
    Fullmoon EDITED.jpg
    316.5 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
Level 36
I don't like the tiles or the overpass thingie, but otherwise it's pretty nice.

The lighting is kinda ugly though. First of all the light wouldn't light up the side of the overpass that we see because it would be in shadow, and so would the ground behind it. Also, I'm not sure the light of the moon is blue ;P You might want to make it white or teal.

its nice.. bit its missing something.. like its too empty.. but it COULD be that empty so its really wierd.. but i DO LOVE the Scarry inconfortable fealing you have brought us too..

Edit = if you look under the moon.. the glow is over the wall.. so it doesnt make sense.. should fix that

Level 34
I don't like the tiles or the overpass thingie, but otherwise it's pretty nice.

The lighting is kinda ugly though. First of all the light wouldn't light up the side of the overpass that we see because it would be in shadow, and so would the ground behind it. Also, I'm not sure the light of the moon is blue ;P You might want to make it white or teal.
Exactly.

Level 28
Yeah, I'm having problems with the moon, I don't really like how it looks. Any ideas of how to improve the moon?!?

@Void: I know what you mean. But actually, the night should be much more darker than that terrain is... But for the sake of the terrain, I had to make fog it "brighter".

Well, I'll see what I can do with the terrain, and then I'll post the edited version.

Level 28
Lol, do people live their? I woudn't.

Actually, the guy who is standing there does not live there, because there is no point in wearing armour for walking in your own house...

But if you prefer to think that thiefs and beggars live on that place, that's ok.

Second picture looks better! It's not that empty. ^^

Nice to hear that, now I know it worked as I expected...

k your moon is much better... but again.. your light should not be over the wall... (under the moon... its just not normal... but anyway ... good improve.. :D

and theres to much stars in the sky... also.. if the moon.. is THAT bright.. you wont see starts like that... :X

don't give up.. cause YOU HAVE THE POWAH! to make it epic..

Level 28
lol

I was almost giving up.

Also, once the map is saved, you cannot remove the blue light that I've put at the walls...

Anyway, I don't know if there is anything else to do on that (maybe I can remove some stars)... And it cannot be much darker because a lot of the terrain is lost.

I am still open for suggestions.

Level 25
Great job on the sky and the overhanging vines. The only part I would recommend you to work on more is the detail and decoration from where the Bandit is standing and behind him. It looks kind of plain. Perhaps add more decorations on the sides of the pathway too. Torches might look nice.

Good job!

~Craka_J

Status
Not open for further replies.