• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Left in Memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
I suddenly got inspiration to do some terrain, hope you all like it ^^

"Draenor... So long have we raided these lands of Azeroth, that we have forgotten the world of which we came from The only thing that is left now; is only the memory of how we left it..."

Attachments

• Left in Memory.jpg
    Left in Memory.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
Level 13
Nearly no tile variation, barely no doodads, randomly shaped terrain. I fear it's not very good.

Level 18
interesting...

it needs help though.

The weather is disgusting... the wind is just ugly :/ sry
and it needs a better atmoshpere, like use different fog... and instead of using that blusish sky with that red fog, you should use a brown or orange fog with a fogged sky.

the dodads are fine , because the scarceness is what makez it mystical

Level 36
Riight, since everyone is so mean today (joke) I will work on it when I get home from school :p

And for he who said something about the shy, it IS fogged sky, and i dont know why its comming up bluish in that particulare corner... <.<

Level 36
Right, I've done some improvements, and will most likely let this be the final... Since I got much homework to do today.. <.<

(P.S: 10 points to the one who can find the ghost! :p)

Attachments

• Left in Memory 2.jpg
    Left in Memory 2.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 132
Level 36
nope xerex, and well, the wather is Outland wind! ... and i like it so it will stay where it is, and the ghost is formed by the fog, its a face in the fog, if you use a lower or higher contrast tool or something it might be easier to see it :p also, how can a orc tower be random seeing whats the theme of the terrain...? <.<

Level 34
Downloaded the wrong image. Oh well.

Attachments

• Left in Memory 2.jpg
    Left in Memory 2.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 79
Level 25
About the first terrain you posted:

Although its very plain as many have already stated, it still looks pretty good. Just add some more large and small spires and rocks on the left in the background popping from the fog and it'll look much better. Right now it looks more like a desert rather than the Outlands.

~Craka_J

Status
Not open for further replies.