• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Chapter One - The Shire ( Silver Edition )... This might be it :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
AHH :D I finnally began remaking Chapter One - The Shire, since it was first released last year, it was an okay map, though i thought to myself the terrain could be better.

And now it has ( i believe )

This will be a more expansive and more funner version of " Chapter One - The Shire ", with more custom music, more small cinematics, and finnally creatures to fight , and it will also have a more indepth felling to it then the other version.

The silver edition has models from the HIGH RESOLUTION PACK , found on
WC3 Campaigns, by M2D. To my sadness it is 50 MB big, but i hope to lessin this size to anywhere from 10 - 30 MB. ( Im shooting for 16)

for now, the terrain is 15 % done ( i started today at 4 :00 xD)

i hope to release it in a few months... yaa :D

lol all the screenshots were takin at midnight ( which is why its so dark looking )

but its supposed to be all shiny and happy looking at day time ( which is most of the game)

Ohh ya, by the way... i know the houses look NOTHINg like the houses in LOTR... but i couldn't help NOT using these houses :p

Edit : Added The Inside of Frodo's House :D, Bywater, and a chestnut tree near lothos house.

Attachments

• Chapter1 - Frodo's House.jpg
    Chapter1 - Frodo's House.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 408
  • Chapter1 - Sams House(Back).jpg
    Chapter1 - Sams House(Back).jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 216
  • Chapter1 - Lotho's House.jpg
    Chapter1 - Lotho's House.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 313
  • Chapter1 - Sams House.jpg
    Chapter1 - Sams House.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 196
  • Chapter1 - Inside Frodo's House (First Floor).jpg
    Chapter1 - Inside Frodo's House (First Floor).jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 474
  • Chapter1 - Chestnut Tree.jpg
    Chapter1 - Chestnut Tree.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 366
  • Chapter1 - Bywater.jpg
    Chapter1 - Bywater.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
Level 24
You could add a bit more tile variation to the terrain, as its really only the one grass tile and the road. In a couple of places there could be a bit more height variation, although its mostly fine in the terrain, theres only a couple of places. Also maybe a bit more different types of environmental doodads, like maybe some rocks or some different kinds of grass/bushes/shrubs.

Level 18
Bump -- Ya added more screenies

the last 3 in decending order :
1) inside Frodo's House ( only the 1st floor )
2)a chestnut tree, which is inbetween Lotho's house, and Frodo's house. ( you can enter Both.)
3) this is Bywater, the town adjacent to the Hobbiton. ( You can enter the Inn, and you can enter that castle :D

Level 18
well i know what you all mean, and i was thinking that at first , but ...

if it was small, the custom camera would totally screw you over in the houses, so it would be unbearabley pain ful to play this map if the houses were small.

and i know the houses look nothing like the Shire houses, but when you play it ( ive already tested it out as you see ) it has a nice " The Shire " feeling... i dont know why :p

about the hobbiton doodads, i have those in the map, but the obly thing being used is the coat racks, bookcases, and desks.

trust me, it didn't look that good when i made a hobbit house. Verysmall, and cartoony,.. it just wouldn't have been nice.
but i hope that the high resolution and feel to the game would compinsate.

Are there any good Hobbit models ? i found none on the Hive :/

Level 18
---- Project closed -----

This project, which was making great headway, has been canceled to due a number of reoccuring problems, especially with the models. The map size increased to 100 MB due to a model malfunction, and has now been destroyed xD
i plan to restart it, but it would take a whole lot of inspiration and stuff. so i will probabaly not.

it seems that all the textures tie together with all the models, making it very complicated to reduce map size.

Status
Not open for further replies.