• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mountains, TCO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 37
Hi!

It's been a while since I last time posted any terrains. I'm currently remaking my TCO chapter 5 mountains. Give me a lot of criticsm and feedback, because I will listen. Should I put some other doodads, etc, etc.

Later I will r release version 2.6b with these updated terrains. Here they are.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 296
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 316
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 280
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    109 KB · Views: 285
Level 19
1st is nice
2nd the rooks look fugly, there is a selected doodad and the cliff is to sharp
3rd and 4th are nice too
could use some terrain fog^^
+rep

Level 19
well is this is a playable terrain then it wouldn't be any problem if u don't use fog at all because ya cant see the fog with the game camera (unless your using first person system)
and btw u can change the terrain fog via triggers ;)

Level 37
raid1000 said:
well is this is a playable terrain then it wouldn't be any problem if u don't use fog at all because ya cant see the fog with the game camera (unless your using first person system)
Actually, the campaign do have a optional first person camera.

raid1000 said:
and btw u can change the terrain fog via triggers ;)
How?

Level 19
  • day/night
    • Events
      • Game - The in-game time of day becomes Equal to 6.00
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Environment - Set fog to style Linear, z-start 1000.00, z-end 8000.00, density 0.50 and color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%)
and i hope i get some rep for this stuff xD
and make one similar
  • Game - The in-game time of day becomes Equal to 18.00
for night time

Level 8
Yo Blyctos. I can let you use my fog smooth fog changing script, if you like. It uses a timer to smoothly change fog color from one to another, so you can have different fog for day and night. I can even make it non vJass, just for you :D

Fog creates teh feeling. Deep blue fog during the night really works ey.
Nice work, btw. :thumbs_up:

Level 5
I agree with FriKy there should be some more vegetation and actually i dont like those trees maybe you could use some others. But anyway i like them and its play-able +rep

Level 37
Okay... I give you some more screenshots, my friend told me that the place should look like a dry mountains so that's why I put that kind of trees.

The chapter is not of course like that all the time. These mountains are just a part of the chapter 5. It just wanted to make mountains better because before they didn't have any doodads at all. I think they look okay now, not the best of course, but it's my style to put doodads like this(fog is in the game only, I'm using Viikuna's brand new fog system).

So, any improvements? I'm going to release version 2.6b within few hours so I would like to have some suggestions.

Attachments

• 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 185
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 129
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    113 KB · Views: 102
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG