• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

terraining rampage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
this is like my 5th terrain in 2 days... im on a terraining frenzy (this is madness!):razz:.

Attachments

• castle1.JPG
    castle1.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 164
  • castle2.JPG
    castle2.JPG
    132.9 KB · Views: 167
  • castle3.JPG
    castle3.JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 213
  • castle4.JPG
    castle4.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Level 36
Not for being negative or anything, but, this aint really THAT great. Ofc it looks nice, but as said so many times before, your going to work hard to make high ress pics look crap. I never really like when people use high ress because of this fact :p But hey, have fun :p

Level 19
why is everyone against high res? i mean the models look awesome and tats the main goal of terrain making: making it look awesome. And in fact i don't give a damn if its noobish to use high res, if it looks cool who gives a shit?

Level 34
why is everyone against high res? i mean the models look awesome and tats the main goal of terrain making: making it look awesome. And in fact i don't give a damn if its noobish to use high res, if it looks cool who gives a shit?
I agree with you, why the f**k would high res doodads be so bad? I like high res doodads and I really like these terrains made with high res doodads, by raid1000... :bored:

Is it wrong that... high res doodads are so awesome that they do not deserve to be in Warcraft?

Level 36
High res doodads are, basically, cheating. They are just too easy to use. When working with no imports, or normal custom models (no hi res) you try your best to give it a good concept, and then make it up so it looks good. With high res, most of the time all you have to do is put some doodads together. But well, it does look wellmade.

Truth

x2!

And I have to say too, that I never said that its either noobish nor bad to use high res, I said I dont like it, and that was a personal opinion :p

Level 19
High res doodads are, basically, cheating. They are just too easy to use. When working with no imports, or normal custom models (no hi res) you try your best to give it a good concept, and then make it up so it looks good. With high res, most of the time all you have to do is put some doodads together. But well, it does look wellmade.
Aha! i get it, its all about "competition". If u use high res everyone will have nice terrains but that wouldn't be good because there must be elite terrainers and there must be not so elite terrainers hehe
Ok ill play your little game. No imports map next :gg:

Level 36
Who are you talking about? Keiji? His sig is awesome!

On Topic:

The best screens are the first and the last one. The doodad placement was very good, the fog and the tile variation. The other ones aren't that good, mainly about doodad placement.

Aw thank you! <3 :p

And well, he did state in his message that he was talking to Raid:p

And to get on topic; nice you finally got it raid! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.