• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My First Terrain Attempt in Over a Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello. I have not terrained for well over a year, and I decided to take it up again. I doubt this is very good, but I just wanted to share it. Tell me what I can do to improve it. Thanks!

Credits: Ultimate Terraining Map 3.0 by DungeonM

Attachments

• spookay.gif
    spookay.gif
    369 KB · Views: 182
Level 36
Very, very nice. Very realistic. It could use a bit of tile variation though, and the grass tile should probably be darker than the grass, or the grass lighter than the tile, because dirt is usually darker than grass even if it is grassy dirt. The path leading up to the bridge thing could use a bit of rough dirt and dirt as well.

I love the sign post!

Level 24
You could probably use some variation in the grass your using. Adding some shrubs, bushes and some different types of grass would be better in my opinion. Also I don't like the tree on the right of the terrain. I think thats its covering up to much of the terrain.

Status
Not open for further replies.