• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bliss!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Bliss!:

Attachments

• Bliss.png
    Bliss.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 335
Level 5
Damn, the texture on those arches is fugly. Otherwise it is fantastic!
One question tho: How did you do those sun-rays? they are amazing!

Level 6
look's like a roman rustic villa (villa rustica); the outside is barren. maybe, if u want it to look more 'garden of eden yay', add more plants and greenery.

p.s. i noticed that all your terrains have some light thing. howd you achieve that light thing??

Level 34
Those are some bad textures. : (

I don't really like the rocks you chose, the green tops are too bright and look ugly to me.

Level 18
I don't mind, it's what I prefer making. Focus should be in the center though, no? Otherwise it looks less like a person's point of view and more of a painting, which wasn't really what I go for in most of my terrains.

But sometimes then it is more like a report than a nice story, as far as writing. It seems more of an informative terrain than an expressive terrain. Or more of a natural viewpoint. Make a fun view terrain. It will help hon skills and come up with new techniques.

Level 36
But sometimes then it is more like a report than a nice story, as far as writing. It seems more of an informative terrain than an expressive terrain. Or more of a natural viewpoint. Make a fun view terrain. It will help hon skills and come up with new techniques.

That makes no sense to me :|

Anyways, I have made terrains with other angles before that looked quite good, just things that I don't really submit, I just prefer the ones with this angle. Trust me, it's not like I haven't tried.

Level 18
I like structured things. (especially since this is a structure! lol)

Apparently. ;P

Yeah, different styles, and yours seems less interesting than the rest, because it's like, you look at one side, and you've seen the whole thing for the most part. No variance between the two sides, like have a giant city in one side, and a calm forest in the other, so that the whole piece has something in it rather than just a cut and paste of one side. If you get what I am saying.

I like having more to look at, not just one side. I find it adds a tad more to a terrain.

Level 36
Well, it's supposed to be a palace. The architecture is mainly symmetrical, which is quite common really. I prefer making buildings more or less symmetrical or structured and then the nature can be... natural.

Anyways, you can tell me all you want, you know I'm not going to change how I do things.

Level 18
Well, it's supposed to be a palace. The architecture is mainly symmetrical, which is quite common really. I prefer making buildings more or less symmetrical or structured and then the nature can be... natural.

Anyways, you can tell me all you want, you know I'm not going to change how I do things.

I was talking more about the nature. But it could be applied to the building which I doubted you would do anyhow.

Level 18
Well, anyhow, some little technical issues, top left, you can see sky inbetween the plant and column, was this supposed to be a ledge? Because I think not. You should rotate/extend that column taller so that you can't see that space in it and through it.

And the Plant 6 I believe it's called in front of the right side of your building appears to have the same facing as the one sort of in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.