• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I do use backgrounds!

Off topic: Tits or GTFO?

• Tits

Votes: 17 65.4%
  • GTFO

Votes: 9 34.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
I do, I do, I do D=!

Attachments

• Snowy Valley.jpg
    Snowy Valley.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 219
  • Snowy Valley Reloaded.jpg
    Snowy Valley Reloaded.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:
Level 36
Oh, well, the terrain is good I agree. But the background is still meh.

Hmm... I also think the hills are too round. And the bit in the midground (that little ridge there) could be pushed up a LOT towards the front, so you can just barely see over it into the foggy valley beyond. That would be like an epic 5 star background right there.

2-P

2-P

Level 8
Why are large parts of the mountains in the background teal? That looks awful. oO
Stick to to the grey/blue.

The trees in the background are too large. Usually it looks better if you leave every mountain blank or cover them all with trees... you have some kind of "I don't really know what to do - in between" thing. =P

But hey, who needs backgrounds anyway? Just spam fog, saves you a lot of work. =D

Level 34
I agree with 2-P, I'd work on the trees. Perhaps make the distant ones smaller, and lower the tree line. That way the far ones look like snowy mountain peaks. If you get what I mean.

Aw. You were just getting to learn how to make a proper background :p
The trees look like a spot of vomit on a white sheet (IM JUST POINTING OUT THE CONTRAST NOT SAYING THEYRE UGLY) very contrasty. I think that time if you left the hills blank, it'd have been better - yes, Im contradicting myself. Backgrouns don't necessarily have to be uber detailed :p

Level 28
Well, everyone is criticizing it but I think that's a pretty cool/detailed background.The front part wasn't that cool, but... whatever, he obviously drove his focus on the background.

The mountains are weird, but that's just a colour matter, the way he used the height tool is really cool.

BTW, the "semi-background" trees are weird (as pointed before).

But it is a very cool terrain anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.