• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

First Terrains

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know these aint much, but i had a shot and still working on them. IWill keep posting my terrains on here.

Mountain Grass. Night Elf land.

Attachments

• Test6.jpg
    Test6.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 176
Last edited:
Level 36
TBH, nobody really cares if it's your first or not. I'm sick of people posting here saying "omg my first terranz gief simpathie lewl".

Before you post here, you might want to check out the ultimate terrain map (it's pinned here). And also, before you submit your terrain, ask yourself "does this actually look good?". If the answer is no, keep working. I can't believe that you didn't see the fucked up sky.

Anyways, here's my review:
- Overall looks decent.
- Needs more tile variation.
- Needs some tree variation, and more stuff filling up the space in the forest (rocks, bushes, shrubs, etc)
- Could use some flowers.
- Do paths actually go up hills that steep? No. If there was a path there it would probably go around the mountain.
- Needs overall model variation... even if you don't want to use custom stuff, look around in other tilesets for things to put in.

Status
Not open for further replies.