• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

CMarket's Terrain Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Since I know have enough terrains to create a showcase, I decided to do so. I never terrain just for the sake of creating a screen shot. All of these terrains are from my cinematic series the Sect of the Holy Mother and The Lone Panther.

1st picture - The Murky Griphin Lodge, located in Miridin's forest
2nd picture - The port village of Verun, located in Ashfield county
3rd picture - Occultun village, located in Ashfield county
4th picture - The gray tower of Occultun
5th picture - An alchemists work station
6th picture - The Lair of Veneficus, located on Deadman's Isles
7th picture - A mountain view of Deadman's Isles
8th picture - The port town of Confuto Tumul.
9th picture - Confuto Tumul, past and present.
10th picture - Info will be given later.
11th picture - Info will be given later.
12th picture - The main park of the town of Red Stone, located in Red Stone county.
13th picture - Info will be given later.
14th picture - Borigard Smith's house, on the outskirts of As'Latur.
15th picture - Info will be given later.

Attachments

• T1.JPG
    T1.JPG
    331.5 KB · Views: 1,850
  • T2.jpg
    T2.jpg
    465 KB · Views: 1,828
  • T3.jpg
    T3.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 1,603
  • T4.jpg
    T4.jpg
    324.8 KB · Views: 1,626
  • T5.jpg
    T5.jpg
    346.2 KB · Views: 1,585
  • T6.jpg
    T6.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 1,272
  • T7.jpg
    T7.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 1,047
  • T8.jpg
    T8.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 1,010
  • T9.jpg
    T9.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 1,058
  • t10a.jpg
    t10a.jpg
    331 KB · Views: 893
  • T11a.jpg
    T11a.jpg
    413.9 KB · Views: 751
  • T14.jpg
    T14.jpg
    353.9 KB · Views: 739
  • T15aaaaa.jpg
    T15aaaaa.jpg
    348 KB · Views: 786
  • T17as.jpg
    T17as.jpg
    476.5 KB · Views: 724
  • T18.jpg
    T18.jpg
    607 KB · Views: 374
Last edited:
Level 28
Looks great. The second pic is my favourite. But remember to unselect the objects when you take the screenshot. In the second pick there is a green selection circle on the cliff/mountain/hill or whatever.
In the third pic the vines by the columns look a little flat. Try adding some viny doobad there. And the tower is covered by the fog but not the lanterns on it, so they just hang in the air. It looked good and mystical untill I saw the tower in the fourth pic.

Level 12
I pretty much agree with everyone else here :D

Pic 1 - House is ugly lol and the grass isn't too pretty either, but you can't do much about that...

Pic 2 - The way you placed the ruins underneath the water gives a really nice effect, and all the doodads fit together quite nicely.

Pic 3 - The Trees and the foreground looks pretty decent, but the castle towers in the background just don't fit into the picture :/

Pic 4 - Pretty good all in all, the castle model is awesome, it gives it a lot more character, so this one is good. You could place a few more trees and environmetal doodads though, to give more of an atmosphere.

WEll I hope this helps :D
Plus rep for your work, you've made a great start.

Level 13
Wonderful! Simply wonderful!
• The first one was abit... Bleugh. It was a bit flat and the house is ugly.
• Oh yeah! This one made my day. And its good you used that water model thingy.
• Nothing much to say about this one... x.x
• Quite a good fog for a sad part. And its good you used that castle model instead of blizzards.
+ Rep

Level 7
I can't wait to see Lone Panther I am sure will be very good like The Sect of Holy Mother from the terrain showcase

Level 14
I think I just made the priest too small. The walls are supposed to be big because it's a tower and it goes really high up, but I guess the paintings are a bit too big, even though there are big paintings in real life.

Level 36
I'd Say. Since you made the effort to actually contact me and ask for this, I will now review every-one of your pics:

Picture 1:

- Its fairly decent. The camera angle is too low, and therefor make the quality of your doodads look bad. And its to repetive, you use one type of tree, one type of shrub (mostly) and one type of rock, and thats it, except the one building, which, I personally dont like the roof on. Try to have a better camera angle, to make the fog appear more and give that special feel, also, remember next time, have more variation in your doodad choice, allways have at least 2 types of trees and 3-4 types of shrubs, or maybe some flowers. Or bushes.

Picture 2:

- This one is actually quite nice. The atmosphere is great. The only two things i dont like is the sky, never use that sky, its ugly. And I dont like how you made the cliffs, their too straigt, which cliffs never are, you should use the rise and lower tool a bit more to get a more rough surface on the cliff sides.

Picture 3:

- This one too looks nice, but there is two ting keeping this terrain from being great, which are the formerly mentioned lack of variation, in this terrain spesially pointing threes. Also, you can easily see that the fog is standing in contrast with the sky, NEVER make something contrast, if you see a contrast in your terrain, then fix it. The nicest of the nice terrains is when people get it to flow without contrasts and it still looks natural. but fog and sky shall ALLWAYS fit together.

Picture 4:

- Same problems as picture 3, but for one, I find the camera anlge in this terrain quite.. interesting. Also, this one is to empty, add some more doodads, but not too much though :p

Picture 5:

- What can I say, its a pic of a house inside, with a presumably herbalist in it. I never liked terrains of inside a house, nor do i like having unit models in terrain pics really. Its just not my type of terrain, but if anything, more doodads to make it look more realistic maybe?

Overall they are better than noob quality, fix the things i pointed out in your future terrains and practise much, and then you might become good ^^

Also, here is two links to Void's great tutorials on terraining:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f283/natural-environments-advanced-terrain-96825/

[Terrain] Advanced Lighting - Wc3campaigns

To me these two tutorials tell you about EVERYTHING that you need to know to terrain for art.

Level 4
1. - bit too many rocks and you made the grass look flat
2. - very great but there are house's on the left who are just standing there
3. - good but the castle is not great in the pic
4. - great only i miss lights on the road to the castle
5. - good maybe you made it look too smal
6. - knock, knock - who's there - necromancer - necromancer who? - necromancer eating your ass off

Once again an awesome job, but I noticed some areas which could have been made better.

Feedback

Picture #1 - It's great, but I would have chosen a different roof.

Picture #2 - Wonderful.

Picture #3 - The village in the background looks kinda small, but that's just me. The foreground is beautiful though.

Picture #4 - Awesome, but it would have been nicer from the perspective of someone standing outside it looking up at it. That way it would look more immense and not be covered in fog.

Picture #5 - I don't like the white rug, perhaps a darker colour would have been better.

Picture #6 - The angle of the green light from above seems a bit odd.

Level 8
All terrain is great, but I have some comments :

Picture 1 - I think To many rocks
Picture 2 - Nice port and village
Picture 3 - It's good for me
Picture 4 - Nice terrain
Picture 5 - I think it's ok
Picture 6 - The green light is odd for me.

Level 24
The majority of the terrains looks quite good in my opinion. My only problem is that the final or, last three look pretty much alike each other. On the other hand, perhaps that was intended to begin with. My favorite is the second one since it is bright and happy. In the third picture, the castle looks meh to me. Overall this is a really nice collection of nice terrains. +rep

Status
Not open for further replies.