• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

No Imports .. too !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen someone making terrain without imports !!
So.. I give it a try .. here's the result ! Give feedbacks. :grin:

The Portal of Mystery

Attachments

• Terrain Showcase By Ribenamania 07 (No Imports).jpg
    Terrain Showcase By Ribenamania 07 (No Imports).jpg
    914.1 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
Level 34
It doesn't quite seem believable. I have to say that Famous pulled it off much better.

Level 34
I mean that it doesn't convince me that it's a portal. I can tell that it's just a frame and the terrain connects in the background. It doesn't fool me. Hard to explain.

Level 18
It get's really tiring hearing the I used no imports excuse, so give me a break. If you are gunna make a terrain with no imports, do not act like it's a get out of jail free card to say that this terrain isn't good because it has no imports and to congratulate you on a mediocre terrain.

But for some critiques, the reason it doesn't look different is because everything is basically flat. You can see that it is flat inside the portal and out. The sky in the portal looks exactly the same. You can see the root from the tree poking into the portal in the top left 'corner' of the portal. You can also see that the little hill goes outside of the portal too. The environment inside the portal needs to look different than the outside.

Not only that, but just because you slapped on some things to those trees that remind me of my wish tree I did.... But this doesn't look any place for a portal to be. It seems way too random.

Oh give him a break. He's new to terraining, one can see that. You don't have to say 'give me the map and I'll make it better', I dont suppose anyone ever did that with you? Hey, just say, you need more work or something and he can work more. But you don't have to kill of his feeling of self-achievement, yeah you get that when you do something that you think is good, by saying that you'll make it better just to show him how shit he is.
As for the terrain, its not so great, but you did what you could, I guess. Its not great, but its ok for starting off. For a playable terrain, I guess it'd be goodish.

Level 18
I didn't kill his feeling of self achievement. Nor say it was shit. You are the one that just said it was shit. I was telling him that just because it's no imports isn't a reason to settle for it not being as good as it is. I was showing him that it can be better with practice. To me it didn't look like he took it as hard as YOU did.

I gave him more of a helpful critique than you did. I am just tired of people saying oh, because it has no imports I can't make it better than what I first did. Just a quick reference to show that any terrain can be improved and that after working at it he can get better.

I didn't kill his feeling of self achievement. Nor say it was shit. You are the one that just said it was shit. I was telling him that just because it's no imports isn't a reason to settle for it not being as good as it is. I was showing him that it can be better with practice. To me it didn't look like he took it as hard as YOU did.

I gave him more of a helpful critique than you did. I am just tired of people saying oh, because it has no imports I can't make it better than what I first did. Just a quick reference to show that any terrain can be improved and that after working at it he can get better.
Oh give him a break. He's new to terraining, one can see that. You don't have to say 'give me the map and I'll make it better', I dont suppose anyone ever did that with you? Hey, just say, you need more work or something and he can work more. But you don't have to kill of his feeling of self-achievement, yeah you get that when you do something that you think is good, by saying that you'll make it better just to show him how shit he is.
As for the terrain, its not so great, but you did what you could, I guess. Its not great, but its ok for starting off. For a playable terrain, I guess it'd be goodish.

xD :xxd: No hard feelings, I just need more training. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.