• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Help me with terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Ok im terraining a caste town. Im pretty novice at this. I need tips/advice on how too improve this im using custom doodads etc and i dont mind using some more.

Its pretty plain but i am a novice lol.

Attachments

• Entrance.jpg
    Entrance.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 91
  • Left.jpg
    Left.jpg
    341 KB · Views: 87
  • Right side.jpg
    Right side.jpg
    341.3 KB · Views: 82
  • Middle.jpg
    Middle.jpg
    345.1 KB · Views: 91
Level 5
Well, i dont have much experiance in making cities but heres my advice:

Try to use more than 3 different kind of buildings, it looks plain. And if you dont mind the extra kb's in your map i suggest finding more house models that you can use to spice things up.
Also, why is there a big pile of rocks at the castle walls?

Level 28
Overall Look:

It looks ok, since it is in progress, and the buildings are well-placed.

Hints:

1) You seriously need more tile variation. Try adding spots of dark grass, dirt mixed with rough dirt, and other narutal tiles.
2) You also need tile variation in the paved area! I think that adding other tiles of pavement at the borders will improve your terrain. Also, some spots with gardens won't hurt.
3) As Wolle said, you should use more kinds of buildings. Also, you could put some space between them, it wouldn't hurt.
4 Details! You need details, dude. Small stuff are always sexy. Put fountains, benches, lamp posts, plants, barrels and so on.

So, that's it.

Keep terraining!

Status
Not open for further replies.