• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining attempts [RPG]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Well, this will be the terrain showcase for my RPG, whom is going to be wc3 stylish.

(This is pretty first my 2nd attempt at terrain, and uhm.. judge yourselves xD)

Not sure if i wanna make it Singleplayer or multiplayer yet.. but oh well..

Just finished the entrance to the first instance, the Mine.
Where you will end up fighting the dwarf bandit leader Madelar'd'Actuan!

Ideas and comments are very much welcome, as i knew you're all way better than me ^^

this thread will be updated more as the times passes, but atm i just started this RPG today ^^

Attachments

• SS3.png
    SS3.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 170
Level 34
Looks really good. Nice use of doodads, and a great atmosphere. Good luck on your project!

Level 4
Cool atmosphere and idea, you should use more doodads of the type of rocks, but it is still cool.
+rep

Level 9
...but atm i just started this RPG today ^^

I do that all the time, make terrains for days before I just lose intrest and delete the map. I hope (I'm sure) that won't happen to you though. By the way you might want to change the name of that dwarven thieflord. Something like Ironbeard or Magin. I know Magin Ironbeard! Good Luck.

EDIT: What did you do to make that barrier or magical thingy at the bottom of the stairs.

Level 16
I do that all the time, make terrains for days before I just lose intrest and delete the map. I hope (I'm sure) that won't happen to you though. By the way you might want to change the name of that dwarven thieflord. Something like Ironbeard or Magin. I know Magin Ironbeard! Good Luck.

EDIT: What did you do to make that barrier or magical thingy at the bottom of the stairs.

Its a force wall, using the proportions

and i downed it way under the ground, getting that blueish effect on the top of it :D

also, thanks everybody for the comments! :)
(want moar!)

Level 16
Force Wall was my first idea, but colours didn't seem right. Also maby I need glasses but I can't tell wha that tower is made of. Oh and although the rifleman's a great model you're probably gona be needing a melee dwarf. A suggestion or two. And finally that dwarf banditlord whould look great like this.

The tower is made from a imported model (one of the few i used)
You've seen the log house pack? it's somewhere in there, just hugely rescaled :p
(its a log, with a lot of logs on. xD)

Level 16
Looks great. Only thing I might suggest is a bit of variation in tiles on the rocky cliff things (just a few rough dirt tiles here and there should do, or another similar rock tile like Village Rock), and to put some rock doodads on the cliffs.

Yeah, i shoould probably do that :p
Altho i already use village cliffs? ^^

thanks for comments guys <3

Status
Not open for further replies.