• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ancient Ruins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
These aren't very good. You have good height variation, but your tile variation is poor at best. The picture with the stumps is the worst. They are all identical and are the only thing in the screen. Work on camera angles, as all these are just birds eye view and rather boring. As well there seems to be no atmosphere. Add some fog and a sky.

Level 18
id have to agree with gilles.

these arn't reall good lol

If you want to make terrain good , your going to have to go to the sticky threads, and try to learn. ( thats kinda how i did it )

i suggest looking at the "Legedary terrain" thread.

critisism :
make your work more presentable. If possible, get rid of the little toolbar on the left of each pic ( because they look ugly) Use black Paint, or Photoshop.

You need better camera anlge, and for some reason, your tiles look strange.
You may also need to put in a sky and csome nice fog.

for the first pic, i suggest that you change the camera angle to :
far z = 5500
angle of attack = 3.00
z offset = 200
distance = to your likeing.

this camera usually works with almost any kind of terrain. Experiment with the angle, and turn a sky on. You may get better results.

Also : DO NOT add incomplete terrain work, unless it was a part of a map project or something .

Status
Not open for further replies.