• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terrain Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Ok, so I have a map thats almost done. However, I want to change the mood of the map. To do this, I need to change the cliff terrain of the map. Now, is there anyway to do this without completely redoing the map?

~Asomath

Level 13
that can be tricky...one time i was messing around (trying to make a maze map) and i had water way down at normal water level, and then a huge mountain like thing, and i had a lake near the top of it...it was really awesome and reminded me of the sequel to the first pokemon movie, where mewtwo is found by giovanni, but then when i tried to duplicate that effect, i couldn't. haha, the terrain editor is the hardest part of the map editing for me. anyway i'm not sure what you're asking but i think probably, yes, you can.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Yes, under advanced you can change the used tileset which automatically updates the cliffs.

There is also a handy cliff flip option under Advanced/Replace Cliff Type... which allows you to replace clif types with another cliff type. It also allows you to swap them at the same time which you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.