• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need Terrainer for my map Specifcations and pictures here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I am starting a map and need someone to do some beautiful terrain for my ctf/trap map. Here are the specifications. I havent even started the map so just send me the map file in a pm and I will find it. Make the map size 128 X 128. The only reason I don't do it myself is cause im a triggerman and suck at terraining. Thank you In advance. You will also be included in map credits so leave your warcraft 3 name with me.

Edit: added 2 tree Bridges because the 1 bridge was to much of a chokepoint, I also took out a few trees. Look at the example map to see what im talking about.(this is in comparison to the picture I drew up)

Attachments

• legend.png
    legend.png
    4.7 KB · Views: 276
  • Visual Aide.png
    Visual Aide.png
    29.2 KB · Views: 271
  • Example map.w3x
    40.4 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Level 34
thedeathunterxx, just import what models you need. The other models take up so much room! Don't ever use the UTM for making maps. You can export from it, then import, but never use the whole thing.

Edit: Haha, me and Ghost posted at the same time.

Level 18
actuallly, i planned that after i finished terrain for the map, i would get rid of everything i did not need . And the units do have their collision size. Its thye objects that dont.

but ill just use pathing blockers... i find that they are easier to use.

Level 8
Ok umm I just want my map to look good and don't use more than 1.75 mb for the terrain.Pathing blockers I'm not so sure, do pathing blockers change pathing compared to structure pathing?. I think it does but if it doesnt go ahead and use pathing blockers. Worst case I could add the pathing in myself. I added an example map to my post now. Thanks again.

Also stay on topic please. I don't want this to turn into a big arguement on UTM ( Ultimate terraining Map )

Last of all I will be gone for the next few days on a camping trip. I hope my terrain will be finished when I get back :D.

Level 18
alright well, let me give you what i have so far

these are screenshots. Once i take out the extra imports , it will be about 400 kb, or less.

by the way, ive only started the team 1 area , and pathing blockers will be put on the base of those mounatins, so that people cant hop over them.

the pathing blockers arn't big enough to really effect structure building .

was this map meant to be an AOS type of Map, or a melle type of Map with extra shops.

if its a melle type, ill fix everything so that it looks melle.
and i wouldn't really need the UTM. Since, UTm wasn't built for destructible usage.

Attachments

• ZYPHER TEST 1.jpg
    ZYPHER TEST 1.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 231
  • ZPHER TEST 2.jpg
    ZPHER TEST 2.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 208
Level 8
Wow. It looks fantastic, I love those models, that filesize sounds great. I will expain the map more a little for you, it sounds like your needing a little bit more help.

O Crap!, I just realized. You need to make everything on the map a unit so that the traps can blend in. (make a bunch of dummy units and change there models to the various trees and such) If you don't want to do it I will. Just give me what you have done so far. Ill handle it. Or I suppose maybe we could brainstorm another way for traps to blend in so your work doesnt have to be redone.

Map
-Goal = Take the opponents flag and run back to your base.
-Hinder= Hinder your opponents attempts by laying traps with your hero
-level = As you level your hero you can use more powerful traps. Leveling is done the usual way, by killing stuff of course.

DarkHunter I can't thank you enough, I hope you had fun making this so far.
Also could you please attach the map to your next post? Much appreciated

Level 18
okay i have been working on it,

but im having trouble understanding something.

why cant u make the traps non selectable, or invisible?

It would take such a long time converting all the doodads im using into units.

i think it would be easier if you made the traps ( for instance, make a land mine with a tree model, and set its collision to 1 ). Because im not that good at object editing ( well i am , but i am not good at making traps)

ill have the map here by either wednesday or thursday . I have things to do :/

Level 18
ermmm i ran into a few problems.

Gille was right ( xD ) It is very hard to get rid of the extra imports.

Im 1/3 done with the map. and i cant submit it to you ( Because its too big to submit here ) until i delete all the unneeded imports , and i dont know what im going to need until im finished with it.

Im making the bridges right now. They look extremly cool,

Problem : This may take a while to make. It is going slower than i thought.
ill tell you when im finished.

be patient. A good piece takes time to create.
expect it next week.

Level 18
here are some screenshots.

things have been going slow, but its a work in progress, and its coming along nicley

first one is a doodad cabin. Its just there for looks. and its within the first teams base

second one is a pic of one of the bridges. fully functionalble and crossable.

im half way done.

Attachments

• ZZM!!!1.jpg
    ZZM!!!1.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 122
  • ZZM!!!2.jpg
    ZZM!!!2.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 118
Level 34
Terrainers are the worst procrastinators. That's why we get into terrain, it takes too long to learn anything else.

Level 18
the sad truth is that gilles is right,

im almost done with it. The map is bigger than i thought it would be ( 180 by 128 i think)

and i have been procracinating a little. My mom, shopping, and my girlfriend take up most of my time.

But i guarantee that when you get the map it will be very good.
sorry if this intrudes on your life any. Terraining can sometimes be a big pain in the ass when you have no inspiriation : /

Level 34
the sad truth is that gilles is right,

im almost done with it. The map is bigger than i thought it would be ( 180 by 128 i think)

and i have been procracinating a little. My mom, shopping, and my girlfriend take up most of my time.

But i guarantee that when you get the map it will be very good.
sorry if this intrudes on your life any. Terraining can sometimes be a big pain in the ass when you have no inspiriation : /
You're mom takes up your time? I've seen people say "You're mom is keeping me busy", but not "my mom".

That doesn't sound like much time taking up. Games before dames man, and shopping? Seriously? I go shopping a maximum of three times a week. It takes a couple hours. Doesn't seem like much.

Level 18
lol

what i meant was :
my mom makes me do errands for her and stuff,
my girlfriend wants me to allways be with her,
And i am fresh as hell , so i have to shop like everyday with my friends for somethin new to wear or something.

I do in my spare time ( like at night ) play games and shit,
lol " games before dames " :p

Level 18
okay, every since sckool started, i havn't touched my WE, so im just going to give you the map now.

Its half done, but im going to continue working on it.

It is still tile starved and in need of some more editing in the places that are already done, but ill try and continue it when i get free time ( there ain't that much now that sckool iz here : /

by the way, i suggest you should either find someone else to finish it, or give me more time... but im very unreliable : /

i hope i didn't screw up your whole project .. . there just wasn't enough inspiration for me to finish it immidiatly.

NOTE : Pathing Blockers have not been made for the trees or mounatins yet. So you must place them urself.

Attachments

• Zyhpher Trap Map.w3x
    3.7 MB · Views: 82
Status
Not open for further replies.