• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Second Terrain: Swamp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
Can't remember what your last one was (too lazy to check), but this one is pretty good, and probably better. Maybe some ground fog might be nice, or clouds to try and make the far mountains look better. Right now the fog is a bit too... colorful? I can't explain it. Some of the trees are kind of ugly, I suggest removing any similar to the ones in the second picture.

Level 18
Of course comments will help you, but the most help you can get, is from yourself. Keep practicing, look at pictures from real life, many times what people are lacking in a terrain is good environment. Which is what your castle is missing, and it is very... Clean. Dirty it. But the one thing you can do to become a better terrainer is just practice.

Level 36
You are too modest. For your second terrains these are really nice and you seem to already be good with atmosphere. My only suggestion is to then use lighting! I have a tutorial on that if it helps, it's over in the general map tutorials or whatever I'm too lazy to link it right now ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.