PDA

View Full Version : Frozen Throne was unable to find War3.exe.

Drazhar
05-11-2011, 05:03 AM
Frozen Throne was unable to find War3.exe.
Please make sure your game is correctly installed, and that your Frozen Throne disc is in your CD-ROM drive, and try again.

Okay so I go to try load Frozen throne today and this comes up, I tried reinstalling the game and it didnt help. I have no idea what caused this, I was playing warcraft last night and didnt add anything before I went to bed, the last thing I did was played a custom game which i've played multiple times before... How did this happen? More importantly, how do I fix it :(

Edit: my game is an official version. I've troubled-shooted this on google and found a few solutions but none have helped so far, such as the installation of vcerdist_86 - which im not even sure is actually installing because it get's to the "Gathering Information" bar, sits there for a like 20 seconds and then just closes, so i'm unsure if it's even sucessfully installed or not.

Bond009
05-11-2011, 06:33 AM
what patch version are you on?

if its messed up try reinstalling it once more and dl this from here and install the patch
http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=21222

also what OS are you using?

Drazhar
05-11-2011, 06:57 AM
Thank you for responding Bond009. I actually managed to fix it. After uninstalling and reinstalling and installing other crap to try and fix it I realised that after I installed the game (for the third time) and tried to launch it, my firewall subtley says down the bottom of my screen "Threat detected: removing War3.exe." I was like, "oh you son of a bitch" The oddest thing is though that it decided to do that today, it's never done it before. The firewall I use is AVG, which is usually pretty reliable and it doesn't usually remove something without asking first, It also would remove it even after I tried 'restoring' it and opening warcraft again. So in my rage I planned on uninstalling AVG completely but my gf suggested turning off it's ability to scan exe files, this will leave me a bit vulnerable to them but as long as I dont go around double clicking sketchy looking links I should be fine. Either way, i'm relieved that it's fixed and thank you for your help + rep. So if anyone else has this problem try looking at your virus scanner, i'm not sure why mine decided today that warcraft was a threat but it may help to know that they can do.

Crazed_seal2
05-11-2011, 07:36 AM
Thank you for responding Bond009. I actually managed to fix it. After uninstalling and reinstalling and installing other crap to try and fix it I realised that after I installed the game (for the third time) and tried to launch it, my firewall subtley says down the bottom of my screen "Threat detected: removing War3.exe." I was like, "oh you son of a bitch" The oddest thing is though that it decided to do that today, it's never done it before. The firewall I use is AVG, which is usually pretty reliable and it doesn't usually remove something without asking first, It also would remove it even after I tried 'restoring' it and opening warcraft again. So in my rage I planned on uninstalling AVG completely but my gf suggested turning off it's ability to scan exe files, this will leave me a bit vulnerable to them but as long as I dont go around double clicking sketchy looking links I should be fine. Either way, i'm relieved that it's fixed and thank you for your help + rep. So if anyone else has this problem try looking at your virus scanner, i'm not sure why mine decided today that warcraft was a threat but it may help to know that they can do.
Go to Resident Shield
> Exceptions
Add the path of your Warcraft 3 Directory.

miyagi
05-11-2011, 08:53 AM
Same Problem

The AVG fix worked.

Much Love Guys

Drazhar
05-11-2011, 08:54 AM
Go to Resident Shield
> Exceptions
Add the path of your Warcraft 3 Directory.

Thank you very much :)