• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

The Silent Night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Its been some time since I last made a terrain that was not for any competition or anything. And therefor I made this.

"Silent were the hour, and late was the time. He stood there watching the sea, as time flew by..."

Attachments

• Silent Night Final FINAL.jpg
    Silent Night Final FINAL.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Level 7
rocks are too spiky.
oh, and i see 2 arthas' !!! if you could fix the magical effect that makes him have two capes and three feet then it would be better.

Level 36
Right... Too spiky? Come on guys, this is the second time I redid it cause of spikynes, its not unrealistic for cliffs to be a BIT spiky. Also, what the hell are you talking about smite, its the fucking hero glow that makes it look that way... *geeez*..

And Gilles, that didnt really make any sense :p

Level 18
it looks good

2 problems.

Arthas is way to big. makes him look strange.

camera angle isn't the best, perhaps more of a horizon thing (like 120 fOW) would make it look better.

lastly, put some stars in the sky.

this would have been a good entry for the mysterious theme in contest 5. too bad its playable winter !! xD j/k

Level 34
Right... Too spiky? Come on guys, this is the second time I redid it cause of spikynes, its not unrealistic for cliffs to be a BIT spiky. Also, what the hell are you talking about smite, its the fucking hero glow that makes it look that way... *geeez*..

And Gilles, that didnt really make any sense :p
I'll start over.

Are those supposed to be mountains?

Level 36
Hmmm... >.>

Maybe I SHOULD considre scaling him down a bit <.<
May make it look better, hell, I'm glad that idea struck me! :p
I'm a genious!

EDIT: Update, did some fixes. Will most likely not do anything more to it now.

Last edited:
Level 36
You know Void, of all the crap that comes out of you, some of it actually makes sense! :p I will edit this in the morning or at least tomorrow, because Void pointed out something very important! (that I should have been aware of when I made it so... *sigh*)

EDIT: Fixed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.