• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Orgrimmar v2.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
I think Blizzard kinda fucked up Orgrimmar's awesomeness with WoW. So I decided I would improve it, or at least the environment around it ;]

Attachments

• Barrens.jpg
    Barrens.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 9,550
Level 10
A lot better then wow's version, which lacks the epic feeling that org should have and is on the darker side of the barrens color palette. This on the other side has the sloping landscape up to it, really nice lighting from behind, and from what I can see of the actually city it's pretty good in this camera view. All of this really adds up to the much needed epic feeling.

I would be curious as to how you would take on the traditional inside-of-org terrain though, any plans on doing so?

Level 7
if that was origimar, i would at elast expect there to be a catapult hanign around, and especially some orcs walking around as well.

i think it looks incredeble! just that tan sand tile or whatever that goes behind the standard looks ugly. :|

but probably one of the best if not the best origimar remakes done so far!

Level 18
hmmm

this is awsome.

but thing is that this isn't the barrens. remeber that in WOW, durotar looks way different than the barrens. Durotar is more of a desert, while the barrens is kind of like a cross between a savanah and a desert.

durotar doesn't even have that many trees, not even arbre trees : /

and the sand is a more orangey brown. Maybe switch the sand tiles to the Outland sand tile.

EDit : But either way, for a terrain it certainly is freaken beutiful and gives an EPIC feel. GJ!

Level 36
In truth deathhunterxx Durotar looks EXACTLY like Barrens. Its only that when they created wow they didnt want any zone to be alike, for the sake of exclusivenes. And therefor had to change one of em to something else. But if you view Orgrimmar as it is in Rexxars campaign it is Barrens style you know, odd how it can change so quickly into red? <.< :p

Anyways, the terrain is nice and the light as always. But, I get the feel when watching that wall: there isnt anything behind it. There should be some houses or the top of a fortess sticking up in the distance, or some hilltopps. I know the view is from downside up, so it would be uderstandable if that was all you were able to view, yet still, its as if its missing...

Last edited:
Level 36
Haha, this looks SO cool. It is all epic and what not, and than there is that annoying flag there to ruin the whole thing.

Ironic that "that annoying flag" is in your avatar :p

Anyways, the terrain is nice and the light as always. But, I get the feel when watching that wall: there isnt anything behind it. There should be some houses or the top of a fortess sticking up in the distance, or some hilltopps. I know the view is from downside up, so it would be uderstandable if that was all you were able to view, yet still, its as if its missing...

When you see the inside I'm working on you will understand why there isn't anything sticking up above it. :p

Level 18
In truth deathhunterxx Durotar looks EXACTLY like Barrens. Its only that when they created wow they didnt want any zone to be alike, for the sake of exclusivenes. And therefor had to change one of em to something else. But if you view Orgrimmar as it is in Rexxars campaign it is Barrens style you know, odd how it can change so quickly into red? <.< :p

True true true. but ya i meant in WOW.

you have a point there, but what is funny is that in the rexxar campaign, it was geograpically incorrect. Orgrimmar wasn't even on a penninsula xD it was like in the corner of the barrens >.> but either way ur right.

i personally think that the durotar landscape in wOW was way worse then the barrens. and that durotar should have been more detailed but w/e.

Level 34
Of course it's better than WoW, it's not much of a feat. People act like this is surprising or something.

It looks great, but those rock spires are a little stretched in spots. Might want tot think about making some of them a tad smaller.

Status
Not open for further replies.