• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Fall Melee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the terrain from my project; I spent a good deal of time on it but I was never a terrainer. Before anyone mentions it though, I know the community frowns on blizzard cliffs, but they are necessary for how the units work.

Attachments

• untitled56.JPG
    untitled56.JPG
    220.2 KB · Views: 182
  • untitled565.JPG
    untitled565.JPG
    169.6 KB · Views: 169
  • untitled5654.JPG
    untitled5654.JPG
    218.5 KB · Views: 171
  • untitled56545.JPG
    untitled56545.JPG
    221.5 KB · Views: 179
Level 5
well Blizzard cliffs aren't really necessary, you could use the hill feature or w/e its called and just use pathing blockers, but it doesn't matter cliffs don't ruin a terrain in my eyes, i think its a nice terrain a little boreing could use some more doodads and such to spice it up though.

Level 34
It's a melee map, so cliffs actually work better usually. For one thing, they provide a height advantage that hills don't.

Level 10
well---> i must say,for a "i was never a terrainer" its quite good... DON´T SAY THAT BLIZZARDCLIFFS ARE BAD--> you must just use them in a good place ( everyone whos saying that those cliffs are bad,just can´t use them)
use CTRL+PG DOWN/UP for raising doodads up and down (to hide the roots/ to hide the bad stonegroundtextures) use different doodads,but not to spammy
Its best to have a sturcture

Look at Blizzard-Meelemaps

Level 28
I only can only suggest you to remove those shrubs at the last screen and put them in places like on rocks near rivers/water. Because it is fall, the theme is orange, and there are vivid green shrubs spammed on the ground - it is not okay, if you understand me :)

Good tile variation.

Status
Not open for further replies.