• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Arid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Hmm not many desert terrains out there...
Someone recently told me my clouds lacked depth. I hope these are a little better! :]

This is based on the Halo 3 mission "The Ark" for those who didn't notice.

Attachments

• arid.jpg
    arid.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 247
Level 4
I like it... Except I really don't see the relationship to "the Ark," except for maybe at the very beginning of the level where you see a few small grey trees (more like scrubs) in some rocks.

It's pretty good. I like the angle of how I'm looking down a hill onto a large plain.

Level 4

Zomg, who made that terrain?! That's gotz to be da mostz epicz terrainz I eva did saw on Wc3 Editorz!!!!!!! Better tan u'z Void! It lookz so realz I culd touchz it!

And also, I do think the clouds were quite a nice effect (in your picture).

Level 36
Level 36
Ah, but I did make it. The sky is comprised of ~30 doodads. No "sky models" at all, just clouds.

Anyhoo, here is why the sky is blue.

There's even blue fog too!
575536482_d58ab30308.jpg

Also, even if it wasn't realistic, I do think that blue goes quite well with desert, if you want to make it a peaceful desert and not some scorching deathpit, which is kinda what I was going for here.

Level 10
It's not that it's blue, to be honest (although the WE Light-blue fog is kinda purplish but it looks fine so it's besides the point). It's that the fog starts waaaay too early. There wouldn't be the moisture necessary for fog like that.

Level 28
Yes, the midground/background fade away very quickly.

I also don't like how the trees are clumped, and I don't really have a suggestion :p

About the sky, I think that it is ok, but the blue should be more vivd to be a "desert-ish" sky.

But what are those blue things at the foreground?!? o.0

Status
Not open for further replies.