• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Volcanic World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
I haven't done a terrain in a while, so I made this. I personally don't like it as much as my other terrains, but I don't know what else to do with it, so here it is.

BurningMountains.jpg

You can also view the terrain Here in my gallery.

Level 34
Too bad Blizzard didn't make their cinematics look like that eh? They should have put a little more effort into their terrain. It made me think of the scene where the Dread Lords are talking, or the few scenes where they are.

I'd put the mountain a little farther back, and larger. Make it the focal point.

Level 28
I think that what happens is that the hills are too smooth, they should be a bit more squared.

Also, as Gilles pointed, the volcano hill is too close to the camera, you could have put it more forward. And some hills at the the left of the screen, very far from the camera, as a background "hugging" the scene wouldn't hurt.

I think that the doodad placement was very good, but the area of the center of the screen is weird. Maybe iI found it weird beacause you placed the trees too correctly, with the same space between them.

Good terrain. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.