• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Early Morning Tundra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 35
Yeah, its flat, but for some reason it looks good this way, maybe just a LITTLE more hight on the locations where theres not snow in the background, and the shrubs need a little more tinting to go with the rest of the grass, and maybe use snow rocks instead of normal rocks, or mix them? Anyways, overall a good and well done piece ^^

Level 34
You're getting quite good at those mountains in the background!

The foreground is kinda meh though. A tundra has forests and empty plains. This is more of a combination of the two.
I like the background as well. First thing I noticed.
The very foreground looks really good to me as well. Did you mean the midground more Void? I think that's where it hurts the screen. There are too many little islands of rocks and they are all relatively the same shape and size. Variate more.

Level 28
i need to know how u made it like streched out like that
pls tell me :O

How, "streched"? What is streched on that pic? 0.o

I like the background as well. First thing I noticed.
The very foreground looks really good to me as well. Did you mean the midground more Void? I think that's where it hurts the screen. There are too many little islands of rocks and they are all relatively the same shape and size. Variate more.

Yes, I noticed an overall complain about the midground. And very good hint with the islands, Gilles, thank you.

______

NEW SHOT, with the flaws fixed.

Attachments

• Tundra Morning.jpg
    Tundra Morning.jpg
    387.4 KB · Views: 224
Level 19
crap tats even nicer!
add some sun rays and its ace!
and i hound out about the strechy bit nwm
and the stars near the sun should be removed imo

Level 28
Yes, the stars near the sun. Too bad, I can't select them anymore, because they're too much... :\

A moon? I prefer a morning thing, because in the night we don't see much things, due to the dark, making the terrain more boring. And also, I am very bad with moons... I have to train that!

Level 34
They are in that world. If something looks good, and Void and myself tell you it's good, the chances are it is, and you should leave it. :p

Level 28
Holy crap, you just revived a thread that was dead for 17 days!!! =P

Yeah, they might look similar. I love winter sceneries... I got the inspiration of this terrain by a Metallica's song called Fade to Black. But not Metallica's, but Sonata Arctica's cover of the song.

Yeah, I know you're the hip-hop guy and might not like that song, but dude, that is cold...

Status
Not open for further replies.