• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

my desert arena terrains

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Fuuck I hope this upload works lol. Sorry if they don't appear and if so just delete this thread.

Anyway if they do can you please say what you think and which ones you like and don't like.

REMEMBER! I didn't do these to make them look pretty, I was making desert arenas for my actual game! So remember there will be a boss or something in them (maybe if i chose to use them).

And I could only seem to load 5.

Enjoy

Oh hooray they worked! Hope you enjoy ... please rate each of them :D. First terrains. Remember what I said above!

Cheers everyone!!!

bobo

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    391.8 KB · Views: 833
  • Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    402.2 KB · Views: 1,319
  • Untitled3.jpg
    Untitled3.jpg
    392.4 KB · Views: 209
  • Untitled4.jpg
    Untitled4.jpg
    380.5 KB · Views: 269
  • Untitled5.jpg
    Untitled5.jpg
    269.4 KB · Views: 182
Last edited by a moderator:
Level 36
I think, considering its a playable, and considering theres almost no imports, that its fucking nice :D

rating 8/9 on each of them. the only thing I DONT like is that you use shrubs in some placed, shurbs DONT fit with barrens terrain :p if not tilted <.< which they arent >,>

Level 34
Please don't double post bobo11, there's an edit button for a reason. I merged them for you this time.

I didn't do these to make them look pretty
Isn't the idea of terraining to make your map look pretty? Not sure why you don't want your map to look nice.

It's an alright terrain for playable, but you could definitely do better. Importing the barrens trees from the Ultimate Terraining Map would be nice since they are one the of the nicest looking trees out there. As well I'd tint some of your plants a bit darker, they don't blend well.

Your use of cliffs is pretty good, I of course would rather see hills, but it's your map. :p
Add a nice thick fog to give your map a better atmosphere.

Level 6
Isn't the idea of terraining to make your map look pretty? Not sure why you don't want your map to look nice.

I guess what he meant was that he didn't only make the terrain for no reason but for a purpose and in this case for his map. But somehow he fucked that sentence up.

Level 5
Wow thanks for all the comments! I shall do what you say. And post some more up later. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.